The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The Pinterest Affiliate Ban is Dead

iamthecoolnerd

Get your fix Ninja!
Most performance marketers will remember last year when the popular image sharing social network Pinterest banned affiliate links. Many Pinners lost significant amounts of revenue because they were no longer able to include affiliate links in their posts, which is how they were earning their income. At the time Pinterest said that they made the move because of, “irrelevant Pins in feeds, broken links and other spammy behavior.”

read more here

What's your take on this new development?

@iamthecoolnerd - thanks for posting this! I hadn't seen it.

This is great news. I couldn't even post a shortened Amazon link (shortened by Amazon) on Pinterest lately. I will test it with Amazon first, see what happens.

If they are allowing affiliate links again because they have stronger spam filters in place, as mentioned in the article, I'm wondering if they will actually work. Only one way to find out! :)

Personally, I do think it was the worst decision that the management at P interest made. As much as people were monetizing their accounts and pins, the social media platform was also getting enough traffic. They could have found a way in which they can handle the issues so that a win win situation can be achieved.

I am exited to see more journeys on pinterest now.
Finally this opens opportunities to affiliate marketers to earn money.

banners
Back