The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The MOz BAR

thomas1957

Why is this thing so squirrely? when I first used it I had the DA and PA along with the search. Now I have to click the site to get it and sometimes that does not work either. I toggle the heck out of that little button but can't seem to get any of it right. Don't have the 3rd partie cooking thing either. Does anyone have a thought?

Why is this thing so squirrely? when I first used it I had the DA and PA along with the search. Now I have to click the site to get it and sometimes that does not work either. I toggle the heck out of that little button but can't seem to get any of it right. Don't have the 3rd partie cooking thing either. Does anyone have a thought?

SEO is 95% about helping the user, to phrase it one way (it could be 94% or 96%)
What do your users want and need? That is far more important than SEO.
Provide value to your users and they will engage with your website. Once you get traffic, and your website has been crawled, it is all reported to Google via the Google Chrome browser, and important variables include:
  • How long users spent on your site
  • How many pages users looked at on your site
  • If your site functioned correctly (on desktop, tablet and smartphone)
  • If your site loaded quickly
  • If the user left your site unsatisfied and repeated the search
Google compiles all this information (amongst many other variables) to give your site a score (which is not the same as DA or PA). If your score is the best for a keyword then you rank top. It's that simple.

DA and PA are essentially marketing phrases created by marketers to sell marketing software.

When asked if domain authority exists, John Muller (webmaster trends analyst for Google) said on Reddit:
"Of course it exists, it's a tool by Moz"

You can rank top of Google with ZERO backlinks and ZERO social media shares.
Google cares about how users engage with your content.
If you are in a highly competitive industry then backlinks and social shares are more important.
But if you are starting out just help people.

banners
Back