The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

The latest Google June-July 2021 Core Update: Have you been hit?

AdSpyglass

Service Manager
Service Manager
AdSpyglass
Surprisingly, I haven't found any threads about the latest Google Update. It seems like an interesting subject of discussion. :ninja:
For those who haven't heard anything, there's a link to the SearchEngineLand article: Google June 2021 Core Update rolling out

So, let's share how are you? Have you noticed any changes so far?

I understand that it was just a few days ago, but some previous updates demonstrated that sometimes these critical traffic drops and surges could happen very fast.

From our perspective - there are no changes at all.
Here's a screenshot from our Analytics for Google Search Organic traffic:

1625236131216.png

So, I suggest having a finger on the pulse and share any significant changes related to the update right here in the thread.
Moreover, it seems like it was only the first part of the update and July will bring us the second one soon. So, everything is still pretty unclear.

Haven't seen anything unusual
Traffic goes up when I post updates
Traffic goes down when I don't post updates
--> Find high traffic questions
--> Give high quality answers
--> Get high google rankings
--> Receive high traffic volume
Spam algorithm updates?
Don't post any spam
Problem is solved

Last edited:
I heard about updates and was waiting for some changes, but I didn't notice anything, it was a relief. I still have normal stats without any significant changes without any reason.

One site is down from about 400 organics per day down to around 100, one from 500 down to around 300 but other keywords are jumping into the top 3 of Google and traffic seems to be slowly growing again. I have another site that was dancing around the SERP but it seems to have normalized where it is normally so no changes for it after a few random days and one site is up from about 300 organics to 400 per day.

It could be worse though, one of my friends has a blog that made him $9000 last month from ads drop in traffic because of the YouTube widget being added to the top of the SERP in his niche and he predicts he will make $500 this month if that. Another friend lost a $2000 blog to pretty much $0 because of the YouTube widget too.

It is clear that Google could not wait another month to launch a pre-update before the one on Core Web Vitals :rolleyes:

- Samira

MI
Back