The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The google dance of death

punksluck

affiliate
Hi all,
I've heard many webmasters talk about the google 'dance of death'. Could someone please explain to me exactly what this is and is it something I should fear?

You probably got mis-understood, it's called the Google Dance. It's basically when you get indexed by Google your rankings go up and down like crazy for a few weeks. Many IM's refer to it as a dance that Google does. That's all.

It's just a term people use it to refer to.

Apparently it's got something to do with your site going from Page 1 to Page 8 all of a sudden for no reason. I'ts just that I've heard many people telling these nightmare stories on various forums - or are they just made-up bedtome stories to scare people that were created by internet marketers?

-Sorry, you got there before me!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a myth 100%. I've noticed some changes for a keyword from week to week, something like from 2-2 to 4-4 and than up to 1-8. Quite strange.

I think it is something web masters made up to explain to clients why their rankings where going up and down lol!!

So not true)) Algorithms change and your site can have a rank boost or decrease, and if it's the last one you get all like :help: and start writing tickets :kneeled: - as there is no much you could do.

MI
Back