The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The Golden List.....Are You Building Yours?

TemptressTK

affiliate
If you are not currently building an opt in list then you are missing out on the online marketers most valuable asset.....their LIST!! Without getting the email address of those that are visiting your site now, you are missing the ability to contact them again AFTER they move on from your site.

I dont know about you but I would rather bust my tuckus generating traffic for more than just a brief visit. Most people like to shop around or do some research etc before they jump in and buy. Even if they bookmark your site/page, who knows if they will make it back or not.

I myself have a buttload of things bookmarked that I have yet to go back to. Quite frankly shiny object syndrome and a lack of focus are the reasons for the list of dusty, forgotten bookmarked sites I have accumulated. :eek:

Do you know which sites I DONT forget about? The ones that send me emails to keep in touch with me. Its easy to get lost on the information super highway and those emails are like bread crumbs showing me the way back to their business.

A person comes to your site as a visitor. If they leave their contact info and join your list they become a “prospect” that you have permission to contact. This gives you, among other things, valuable TIME! Time you can use to build a relationship with them and turn them in to loyal "customers".

Having your own list of prospects has MANY advantages like putting you in touch with the right people...the INTERESTED ONES!

It also promotes engagement which is something people want more of nowadays. They take comfort in knowing that they can reach you through your emails or a contact link on your site if they have questions or problems.

A list will save you time and money as well. You can distribute your newsletters and other correspondence via email instead of snail mail. That saves time, money and TREES which also helps the environment. Thats a win win earth win!:D

It also increases your level of interactivity allowing you to use countless methods of conveying your message to your subscribers. You can use video, music, games, contests and so much more to influence them.

This in turn makes it easy for you to persuade those people to buy from you by sending them quality information they can use. Sharing things about yourself once in a while can also help build their trust in you, making them much more likely to buy something.

Finally....having an opt in list gives you the ability to sell to the same person again and again without having to drive them back to your site. Its much easier to sell to current, happy customers than it is round up new ones and start all over to build their trust.

Bottom line.....if you are not currently building yourself an opt in list then START NOW!! You work so hard to get visitors to your site/page, why not make it possible to keep in touch with them. Work smarter…not harder!!!:cool:

If you already have a list or have started one.....KUDOS!! Now do your best to make those subscribers glad that they joined YOUR list. Send them useful and valuable information, entertain them, inform them of new products or developments that could help them in some way.

I wont lie....list building is time consuming and hard work but it is time very well spent. When managed properly, your list will become your GREATEST business ASSET. You’ll see!

If you are not currently building an opt in list then you are missing out on the online marketers most valuable asset.....their LIST!! Without getting the email address of those that are visiting your site now, you are missing the ability to contact them again AFTER they move on from your site.

Absolutely correct.

The problem is that many people don't seem to understand how important it is, or how easy it is to build and to use to increase your profits tenfold.

Having said that, both myself, and a good friend, where really slow in waking up to the value of an email optin list. See his story here:
12 Second Commute | Autoresponder | List Building Tools

The hidden secrets for online success is to constantly build a list, advertise for subscribers in the right places and track your ads so that you get the best bang for your buck.

We totally agree. It never ceases to amaze us how many people never do this and wonder why they make so little or no money? The money really is in your own list! Why send your visitors to an affiliate page where someone else adds them to their list?

Also, many products being sold online still say you don't need a product, website, hosting, a list, etc, etc? What utter B.S! You cannot have a business without a list, period. To build a list you must have a free yet valuable gift that addresses the very reason someone visited your site.

Once they have signed up you must again provide more help with follow up free gifts such as a newsletter or a mini course within the same related niche. Keep them informed and contented and eventually send them a follow up email from your autoresponder with a link to a product you use yourself and which has benefited you personally other than by affiliate sales.

Love your list and they will remain loyal and help your business to grow.

This is the way to go!

Stephen & Jennifer.:)

MI
Back