“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The Death of Squeeze Pages... Google Slapped 'Em Dead

D

djbaxter

The Death of Squeeze Pages... Google Slapped 'Em Dead
By Duncan Wierman
SiteProNews
July 15, 2010

For years now, the squeeze page has practically been the lingua franca of the online marketing world. Whether you're in real estate (and actually, the real estate industry in particular has leaned particularly heavily on squeeze pages), banking, e-commerce or anything else, the conventional wisdom has been to target tightly focused groups of consumers through these web pages/marketing tools.

These pages do OK at helping marketers identify which keywords or keyword phrases do well in terms of attracting targeted traffic and if they're well designed, at gathering email addresses or other contact information from these visitors. However, there are much better methods of doing keyword research than creating a separate squeeze page for each of your keywords. Additionally, building and maintaining these pages represents an investment of time and money which isn't likely to produce a worthwhile return.

The squeeze page is dead - it just doesn't know it yet and neither do the marketers who still use this direct marketing-style methodology in their list building efforts. I know there's probably at least a few of you out there reading this that still use them and are wondering what exactly is wrong with squeeze pages.

Read full article...

It's true that Google has put their "slap" on squeeze and landing pages, but squeeze pages still remain highly effective.

As an internet marketer, you have to continuously adjust with the times and changes on the internet.

I still have several squeeze pages that produce dozens of leads for me every day. You just have to know how to advertise and get traffic to them, and there are hundreds of ways other than relying on Google.

It's important for us marketers to remember that Google isn't the only game in town. Personally, I absolutely refuse to bow down and let them monopolize the internet and dictate my business. They don't own the internet, although they'd like to think they do.

I think it's high time they were cut down a notch or two.

Remember, nobody is king forever.

The best thing to do in this situation is to ignore their dictatorship ways and conduct business as usual - without them.

The Google company controls much of the search engine traffic. They really do get to decide the rules about which site ranks high and which site ranks low. The rules change all the time. It is difficult to free load on free search engine traffic. You have to optimize your site the best way to win.

banners
Back