The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Text Link Price Inquiry

StephenR

affiliate
Hey all, I need some advice. I'm ready to start offering text link paid positions on my online marketing site for advertisers. I will only offer 10 positions on my site per month for advertisers. The site index page is a PR 6/10 and their listing will be shown across all 27K pages of my directory with varying PR's. I currently receive about 21K to 42K hits per day and the site ranks w/i the top 100K in Alexa.

1. What is a fair and accurate price to charge/month for advertising across my entire directory.

2. What is the best way to market this service (i.e. bidding via eBay, etc.)

All suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Stephen,

I think it depends on the purpose the buyers are buying the links for.
1. They can buy it for traffic exclusively, which means they're not interested in PR passing nor SERP benefits. This would mean you could check out the biddings for keywords related to your site and then multiply what you get with the approximate # of visitors you'd send to your buyers' sites.
2. They can buy it for both traffic, PR and SERP benefits. This would cost more but IMHO they won't help much your buyers' SERPs ( MSN not included here as it is known atm as a huge sitewide link eater ).

If you sell just the traffic off your pages, make sure to use rel="nofollow" within those links. ( this way you can avoid suspicions of selling PR ).

Hope this helps a bit. Wish you luck and as much $ as possible :D

Best regards,
Radu

sensei said:
If you sell just the traffic off your pages, make sure to use rel="nofollow" within those links. ( this way you can avoid suspicions of selling PR ).
Excellent point made there Radu. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I think I will offer the service at a flat rate fee. It appears eBay bidding may be the most viable/fair marketing method to promote this service amongst the circles I run in. Thanks again for info and much success to you too.

banners
Back