The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Techie help&advice needed?

Trevor Butler

affiliate
Afternoon All.

Hoping someone can help with a solution I need.

So I run a couple of direct campaigns with my clients and deliver leads into them via my WordPress site.

I generate the traffic to my site through channels such as FB and email marketing and when an inquiry is received it is sent to my client and also to a lead management platform which keeps track of everything for me. Simple & Happy.

Recently, a few of my buddies involved with IM have expressed an interest to send me traffic to my site on a CPL basis. This seems like a great idea but im a bit stumped on how i can report this back to them?

So they send me traffic like

Affiliate 1 = site. com?id=1trans=12345
Affiliate 2 = site. com?id=2trans=12346

Simple so far ...

My problem is this ...

If the traffic affiliate 1 sends to me navigates around my site for a few minutes how do i pass the variables id=1trans=12345 with them?
And once a visitor completes an inquiry form, i need to notify them via API/Pixel they have made/generated an enquiry so they have made £xx from that visitor?

Any off the shelf solutions out there?

TIA.

One way is to set a session (or referral) cookie with some identifier then use server globals in PHP
Code:
$id=""; //fill this part
header("Set-Cookie: 1trans=$id; Max-Age=2147483647; path=/; \
domain=.example.com; HttpOnly; SameSite=Strict"); \
//requires php7.3+  for ; HttpOnly; SameSite=Strict" Chrome will require that to cache it soon :P

$_COOKIE['1trans'] //referrer captures the value

However, good luck doing this with WierdPress ...
Maybe, there is a plugin to do this and add the parameters and variables to the link IDK
You could probably get this to work some how with JavaScript too.
As far as tracking conversions add r=1234 to the outbound URL and that value should be captured (probably) in the lead stats?

banners
Back