The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Supercomputer breaks speed record

temi

affiliate
The US is poised to push Japan off the top of the supercomputing chart with IBM's prototype Blue Gene/L machine.
It is being assembled for the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories, a US Department of Energy lab (DOE).

DOE test results show that Blue Gene/L has managed speeds of 70.72 teraflops. The current top machine, Japan's NEC Earth Simulator, clocks up 35.86.

Due next week, the Top 500 list officially charts the fastest computers in the world.

source: bbc.co.uk
full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3983131.stm

Why isn't this sort of information in a news section on the main page of this site? You could link the articles back to the forum for discussion if you like.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion Ken, just too disorganised at present, I am having who whole site redesign, I will get thing better organised in the new design

Well it's nice to be recognized as full of ideas rather than full of sh1t3 like I normally am :?

Both then again the line between excellent ideas and not so excellent ideas are very thin, it better to come up with ideas whether good or not so good rather than to be passive and just agree with other people's ideas :)

I only agree if I have nothing to add. For me, coming up with ideas is a frame of mind I actually have to get into mentally before they start flowing.

MI
Back