The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Successful campaign for a friend..fail

domhigh

affiliate
So I need to give you the back drop. I have a friend who is not working and is kinda down on her luck. She is poking a stick at Internet Marketing. She wrote an ebook in the ecommerce space and I said that it's been successful. But she hasn't seen it. So I take her ebook, website and I set up a campaign. I drive traffic to her website. And here are her numbers.
CLICKS 205
SPEND $13.87
CONVERSIONS 13
SALES $91

Paypal takes .50 from each sale, so she is making $6.50 per sale. If I am doing this right, she has made $84.50 and spent only $13.87 on this campaign. That is 509 percent!

Now, I will say that I am fairly new at this, but I think that those are decent numbers. She has over 180 opt ins to her email list. Prior to the first day, she said she was only get 1-2 sales a day. Well, she got upset with me last night because she only had 1 sale and that I cranked her budget up from $5/day to $10!

I am coming to you guys because I am trying to see if this is a successful campaign or not? She actually doesn't think that she is making money and this campaign is a fail. I must also tell you that she has no clue about PPC and numbers. Only thing that she see is that she is spending $5 and not making a 1000 sales per day?

Hello @domhigh I can relate with what you are trying to put across. I have a few things that I would like just to share with you so that we see the way forward. In business especially the online one, it takes sometime for you to start hitting the constant good amount. Between the other periods, believe me you will be struggling. Just make sure that you have proper plans in place and I am sure things will work out for you. Give the business sometime before you break even.

Not sure if you guys understand? I know that she had success with this campaign. She is the one that thinks that she isn't successful with this campaign! I was trying to get her to see that she is doing good her and should consider scaling up.

She's had her expectations way too high. Remind her that this isn't a get-rich-quick scheme and Rome wasn't built in a day.

banners
Back