The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

succes with one page? Make more?

jhansen

affiliate
Hey... Sorry about my english, but i have a really well paying affiliate page. How should i spent my time? Should I keep improving the well paying site, or make more sites selling the same product? To get a bigger audience?

Whats the best tactic?

Thanks

Hi jhansen,

Welcome to 5 Star. It's a great question. My STRONG advice if you are a newbie or fairly new at this is to stick to one site. ESPECIALLY if it's working.
You could expand into other related areas or add pages about other related products but stay on the same theme. So if your site is about dog training, add other dog or animal training content and products for example. Here's a bunch of really good advice.

Martell James a HUGE, experienced, well known, super affiliate, guru and trainer who used to train affiliates to build a bunch of niche sites. Now with more experience he's changed his mind about that strategy. In answering the question "what would you do, knowing everything you know now, if you had to start over" James said
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/2251-if-you-had-start-over-what-would-you-do-different-9.html"> "If I HAD to Start Over - What would I do Different???" I would build one site. Just one. One.</a>

This thread has more info too
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...n-big-niche-marketing-insights.html#post11976

Money with one site

Not sure what vertical you are in, but on your existing site you should definately be capturing names and e-mails or even just e-mails to use for follow ups and other offers. (This is one of the quickest ways to improve and already successful site if you are not doing this already)

Also, when building similar sites in the same niche if you are paying for traffic, you have to be careful not to canibalize yourself and get charged twice or even three times for the same visitor who clicks on multiple ads of yours.

If you have an established dialougue with your customers you could also send out a survey to them (there are lots of free survey programs out there) and ask what other things they are interested in which would give you highly targeted information by which to send them new offers.

Good Luck and congratulations on your success.

Linda's advice is very solid in my opinion.

If you are very new to affiliate marketing I'd suggest continuin to learn from and expand your current site. Spreading yourself too thin across many projects (and never putting 100% into any single one of them) is a mistake I see many new marketers make.

banners
Back