The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Subdomain

Yes they do. Most of the landing pages are hosted on the main domain but you can see quite a few people using Subdomain as well :)

These days a lot of people uses Subdomains like sitename.com-abc.xyz

Where ABC and XYZ could be anything. Your main domain is com-abc.xyz, users get a false impression as if sitename.com is the real domain name :D

So your recommendation would be to use domains other than .xyz? I am actually using a .xyz...how about .club? is that okay you think?

So your recommendation would be to use domains other than .xyz?

I won't speak for @Aditya007 but I recommend using other domains. Unfortunately, .xyz was used by a lot of spammers. Are you having some good luck with using it?

.Club might be just fine, as long as it's appropriate for the vertical you're promoting. I haven't personally heard anything, good or bad about it.

Welcome back @azgold ;)

So your recommendation would be to use domains other than .xyz?
I must have missed this post and as @azgold said, it's overused by spammers. You shouldn't go for a gTLD if the .com or similar extension is available as per your requirement. If that's not the case, choose an extension that matches your vertical, there are hundreds of gTLD extensions available these days :)

Hi, sub domains are also useful when you use 3rd party tracking tools - trackers, because almost all of them accept only subdomains for the tracking campaign links. So, it's better to have a hosting with clear settings, where you can easily add CNAME :)

That said, you will need either a SSL/TLS Cert for each sub-domain or need to install a wildcard Cert *.example.com.
The user's browser will show a error now if not HTTPS (not just an SEO issue).

Last edited:
MI
Back