“mobile”/ Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

still -90% ROI after 40 days optimization on native ads

Discussion in 'Follow Alongs and Online Journeys' started by jhayek, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Patrick3333

Patrick3333 Affiliate affiliate

something is definitely wrong dude, you better try something new, with better tools to help you held it up, try to merge some tools on your next campaign as spy-tools like Spy-tools as Admobispy, but also a tracker to help you out with this you could try to work with Voluum. Good luck for the next step buddy!

2. CPA Evolution
  3. jhayek

jhayek Affiliate affiliate

Been running for 1 day, $44 spent out and got one conversion ($19)

The biggest problem: low CTR, only 3-5%.

Wrote some script to measure the load time of LP and found it takes too long time to load the images on the LP (ms):

Already added the domain to CDN, will see the result

Rose_Perfectionist and tyoussef like this.
  4. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

Looks like a shared hosting *plan*
    Is the landing page HTML not Wordpress (too much PHP)?
    How many KB to load that page?
    Are you loading remote files?

You know F12 in a browser will show you the loading times of every file on an empty cache <-- you need to set it to this manually. However, that is a local event (your location, device, ISP)

The variation in the times is very suspicious.
    Either that server is bad or the scripting is bad.

Rose_Perfectionist likes this.
  5. jhayek

@Graybeard not a sharing plan but the VPS is not in the targeted country. I don't know if this is the reason. Have set up CDN for it and the CTR is just a little bit better.

I found the size of one of the LPs is toooooo large, 1.4M -_-!!.Will compress the images.

It's just plain HTML not wordpress.

Will see how it converts in the weekend

6. Reinstecker

Reinstecker Affiliate affiliate

I'm using only HTML too with Amazon S3 + Cloudfront,. Clean LP's from unused js and other codes and minify everything. If the LP is ripped check it for hidden redirects. When you use Cloudfront, dont forget to enable gzip compression. Saved me extra ~300kb/visitor
    After that, everything should be fast and smooth. :D

7. jhayek

Thank you, @Reinstecker!
    I started another campaign on RC (Credits go to @NeverGiveUp here). it's really different. For the first day, spent around $60, $52 came back; second day, spent $60, $71 came back, for the third day, no any conversion yet.
    Now I think I have to optimize it by lowering the cost and scale it up by putting it to more channels. But I can't decide....Could you give me some suggestion on how to deal with this situation?

(too many things are affecting the cost/profit and make you indecisive, do you have these feelings?)

Actually there is still a big problem. I'm using clickbank and the conversion data was never posted back to my tracker and RC. The mechanism of postback of clickbank is different from other aff. networks. So I don't know where the conversions came from, widgets, ads, etc....I set up the instant notification yesterday finally but didn't get any conversion. have to wait to see if the postback works when a conversion comes in (I've tested the IPN and it succeeded).
    while waiting for the conversion, could you guys share some experiences in setting up clickbank tracking code or instant notification service.

Thank you bros! Any reply is appreciated!

8. Anthony.

Anthony. Moderator moderator affiliate

Good job, baby steps! No need to rush these things :D

Hmm, I haven't used clickbank so I'm not sure, hopefully someone will help.

Keep it going, once you have postbacks working, you can build up the data to start A/B testing.
    Make sure you blacklist signs of bot widgets starting now and do it everyday.

9. TOuMii

TOuMii Affiliate affiliate

Hi Bro,
    I'm here To help
    I think Your landing page is not converting or its speed is slower.
    I'm here to help You.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2018
  10. abdelhadi1234

abdelhadi1234 Affiliate affiliate

What mean RC ? is it an affiliate network ?

11. Rose_Perfectionist

Rose_Perfectionist Affiliate affiliate

I thought I'm the only one who doesn't get what RC mean, I'm also confused.

12. editory

editory Affiliate affiliate

RevContent - traffic source

13. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

acronym (followed by a full description) <<< the way I do it is reversed from the usual but I think it reads better.

Point is you need to describe specialized acronyms otherwise you are just talking alphabet soup. Writing 101 :p

LOL an IMHO etc is an exception. CPA is another. However, how commonly known is PPS? In some affiliate verticals it is commonly used ...

banners