The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

still -90% ROI after 40 days optimization on native ads

J

jhayek

Hi friends, I need your advices: do you think I should continue or stop loss on this campaign?
I've been running this campaign for 40 days (my first native ads campaign), but the ROI is still -90%. a lot of widgets (around 220) were blocked already though. 1200 widgets are alive. 1 or 2 conversions per day for $100 budget just like the first day I started it. :-( so sad

DO need some advices, please, thank you all in advance

Hi friends, I need your advices: do you think I should continue or stop loss on this campaign?
I've been running this campaign for 40 days (my first native ads campaign), but the ROI is still -90%. a lot of widgets (around 220) were blocked already though. 1200 widgets are alive. 1 or 2 conversions per day for $100 budget just like the first day I started it. :-( so sad

kill it and try another offers

1. the offer sucks
  2. your ad sucks (widget?)
  3. the ad network sucks
Got to be one (or more) of the three ^above

WELCOME ...
thumbsup.png

_______________________ 1st post

i suggest you test another offer.
maybe the offer is not converting well.
and of course don't test all of your campaigns in one traffic source.

Thank you for your conclusive answers @alexgofast @Graybeard

:-( spent almost 3000 on it.

Could somebody suggest me a vertical from some CPA network? I've learned techniques to optimize campaign but so frustrated in choosing offers.

Read @NeverGiveUp 's follow along post and feel encouraged but still in loss.

Thank you everybody, any words are appreciated (don't discourage me, plz ;)). I'll put my journey here as reference for others

the best way always to get in touch with your affiliate manager and ask for the top 5 offers in there network of the week, and test them.
of course after telling him about your vertical.

Thanks @tyoussef

Normally for how long time, or for how much budget can we conclude one offer is good to continue or bad to discontinue?
@NeverGiveUp made his first campaign green in the first week, I think that was a miracle that I can never imagine it happens to me.

Depends what you are classing as "optimizing" what are you doing to help the campaign progress to be profitable?

At first you know to spend money to gather data, once you have enough data you can cut based on A/B tests.

Like mentioned above, maybe the offer sucks.. What did you start with? How many offers, how many LP's, creatives etc

You need test split different landing page example
1. Direct linking
2. Landing Page
3. Prelanding
4. Squeeze page

If you got high roi above any lists then you choose list and focus still

it's a men's health offer, chose the best combination landing page and offer page as suggested by my AM, and 10 creatives.
Even didn't get chance to split test multiple LPs:(

How good is your relationship with your AM?

Doesn't seem like the best combo from what your post is about, do you use adplexity? You should be testing multiples of everything at the beginning and removing what performs bad, however, you have ran something that's bad and it's something that you would of found out at the beginning as others would of outperformed.

How many offers is running?

You need to test a few, even if it's the same offer at different networks. If your offer is bad, you could have the best LP in the world but you won't make a penny.

Throw more offers in the mix, add more landing pages and go from there.

How's the conversions coming in compared to the traffic? Slow, fast or none?

How good is your relationship with your AM?

Doesn't seem like the best combo from what your post is about, do you use adplexity? You should be testing multiples of everything at the beginning and removing what performs bad, however, you have ran something that's bad and it's something that you would of found out at the beginning as others would of outperformed.

How many offers is running?

You need to test a few, even if it's the same offer at different networks. If your offer is bad, you could have the best LP in the world but you won't make a penny.

Throw more offers in the mix, add more landing pages and go from there.

How's the conversions coming in compared to the traffic? Slow, fast or none?
Basically not bad with my AM.
I'm using adplexity. As I remember I signed up at adplexity by following the link in your signature.

In the beginning I thought testing native ads is expensive and tested only one offer on one traffic source, it was sad. I will follow all your mentioned. Thank you so much!

Moreover I'll remember offer Payout X 5

Basically not bad with my AM.
I'm using adplexity. As I remember I signed up at adplexity by following the link in your signature.

In the beginning I thought testing native ads is expensive and tested only one offer on one traffic source, it was sad. I will follow all your mentioned. Thank you so much!

Moreover I'll remember offer Payout X 5

Ok cool, people's perception of "offer payout x5" is just a guide, in Native I don't do that and depending on how big/small your budget is, you should adjust to it.

When starting a campaign from scratch, we basically have no data or no idea what works the best.

So there's formulas online for spending depending on how many landers, offers and offer payout etc.

I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm sure a basic formula to stand by is:

(Number of Offers) x (Number of Landers) x (Average Offer Payout) x 10 = Test Budget

So if you have 3 offers, 3 landing pages and the average offer payout is 20, your TEST budget would be $1800.

Again, this is just a formula found online and not everyone uses that but it's a good guide to know roughly what your spend should be.

Along the way of spending that budget, you will easily see bad performing offers or landing pages and you simply cut them out with enough data and focus on improving what works :)

Thank you bros!
Have signed up more aff networks and traffic sources, chose 2 offers, downloaded 10 around creatives and landing pages from adp. finished processing one LP by adding offer URLs (& bot trap).
Signed up at a new tracking system
May the force be with me!

something is definitely wrong dude, you better try something new, with better tools to help you held it up, try to merge some tools on your next campaign as spy-tools like Spy-tools as Admobispy, but also a tracker to help you out with this you could try to work with Voluum. Good luck for the next step buddy!

Been running for 1 day, $44 spent out and got one conversion ($19)

The biggest problem: low CTR, only 3-5%.

Wrote some script to measure the load time of LP and found it takes too long time to load the images on the LP (ms):

Already added the domain to CDN, will see the result

MI
Back