The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Startups Fail

Because not everyone is capable of running a profitable business.

This depends on several factors. Issues with the product, target audience, marketing, suppliers, etc. There's way too many factors to say X is why they fail.

Because what they propose even being backed up by huge invest money are not that needed anyway for everyone else. I do not see how you can really think some other way. It's like still thinking that Zuckeberg invented and created Facebook;)

1. Unoriginal business ideas with too much direct competition already.
  2. Good new business ideas with no market established -- you don't have the talent, time an money to create the new market.
    PalmPilot is a good example of a good idea gone bad -- today we have the smartphone and tablet.
  3. Cookie cutter businesses. Even shopify has a high failure rate depending on the individual store 'owners' abilities -- marketing his store that may have too many mundane items. See #1
  4. Lack of knowledge and marketing ability or personnel. If you have the intelligence, vision and can raise the money you can attract the talent. Eldon Musk is the epitome of this.

A post-mortem report of startup failure by CB Insights revealed that about 42% of the founders believed the lack of a market to sell to was one of the primary reasons for failing. The product might be fantastic, but sometimes, there aren’t enough people willing to part with their cash for your product.

It brings us to the vitamin and aspirin analogy. A vitamin is nice to have, but aspirin is a must-have. This can be the difference between failure and success for some people. It is, therefore, expedient to have a product that solves a need, and not just a general need, but one needed by a specific niche of people, big and prosperous enough to buy/use your products.

i think many people just don't analyze their niche REALLY PROFOUNDLY. so, there turns out to be quite a lot of "pitfalls"

Why 90% of Startups Fail?

Budget of course. Why do start up owners not properly budget? They are full of BS and believe it themselves! Ha I am kidding. Ask yourself this, what do I have to tell my partner to keep him on? What do I have to tell my investor to get him to give us a second round of funding? Speculation! Coin toss! But what happens with the 10% who hit it? Its so sweet and worth the pain.

banners
Back