The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Starting webhosting affiliate program

fixer

affiliate
I am looking into starting an affiliate program for my webhosting business. I provide web-hosting mainly for Small-Medium business owners with my main clientele based in The Netherlands, but making plans to make it more international I.E Europe and my smallest package is € 2,50 p/m and the biggest is € 105 p/m. All subscriptions based.

To summarize my question:
1) How can I make an affiliate program which is attractive for affiliates and is profitable for me?
2) Could you recommend me some literature about setting up and maintaining an affiliate program?

Thanks for your time!

It EXTREMELY hard to compete in the web hosting space. This is something I was going to do recently, but decided not to after looking at everything. The company that owns HostGator pretty much dominates the whole hosting industry... which also allows them to pay $200+ to some affiliates of theirs, just for low end $7/m hosting packages!

1 - This is probably going to come down to money. Very hard to compete with the top affiliate programs out there. Instead of paying commissions, you might just need to pay for placement.

2 - I don't have a recommended resource for learning how to set one up, but I would recommend using shareasale.com.

banners
Back