The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Starting a Forum - How to Make it Succesful?

bluedot

Hello,

I want to start a forum for software developers.

I wonder, how do I kick start it? How do I promote it? Should I visit other forums and mention it in my signature? Do I start a FB Group / Site and advertise it?

I'll probably choose vBulletin Cloud (15 USD/month) since it's professional, I don't need a hosting, and it's maintained by them.

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks.

Firstly use xenForo not vBulletin, secondly don't start it unless your prepared to not make any money for at least a year and work your ass off on establishing it.

building a solid community is a little bit hard task. require full time management. in my opinion your community must have a good information to make users register participate..

as Mr K said. will take serious investment in time and efforts.

I had a discussion forum used Hosted Community Forum Software but had few visitors a day but I was the only one sharing posts there. I would not call it a community lol.

Thanks! After talking to some other people too, I won't be starting it, because I'd do it for the money only. I have no interest in spending hours and $$$ on something that's not that easy to monetize and build a community.

I'll just start something else in the niche I'm already in and I know that I can make good money with it. I was just interested in doing something different. :)

Ask people you trust to join your forum. You will have to open a lot of threads yourself, and engage well with your small forum base. Make sure it's clear what you're touching upon in your forum and that it is relevant. The approach is everything, no matter how saturated that specific market might be.

MI
Back