The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Start up costs

tquinn1021

affiliate
I see a lot of responses that say the only real out-of-pocket costs when starting an affiliate site is the domain name and hosting (both being very cheap). But does this assume that you build the website yourself? I do not know how to build a website, therefore I would need to hire someone to do it, which would increase my start-up costs by at least a few hundred dollars, right? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You could always do a blog site, using Wordpress, and have no cost on your end. Pretty easy to start one up and lots of free templates out there.

Thanks 7 Days - Would you agree that ultimately my goal should be to include that WP blog to my own original site? Would that increase my revenue potential?

Actually to have a Wordpress blog on your own domain, which is the best way to go, does have some very small costs. Domain, under 10 a year and hosting - under 10 a month.

Oh, I think i see now. A WP blog on your own domain can be very viable, without the need for other categories on the domain? I was thinking that the blog would be one 'category' on the website, but that I would also need a targeted, sales-driven "home" page, and then other categories like "about us", "archive", "products", etc.

Actually to have a Wordpress blog on your own domain, which is the best way to go, does have some very small costs. Domain, under 10 a year and hosting - under 10 a month.

Thanks for clarifying. I had meant to say it would be no cost other than the hosting and domain name registration.

Oh, I think i see now. A WP blog on your own domain can be very viable, without the need for other categories on the domain? I was thinking that the blog would be one 'category' on the website, but that I would also need a targeted, sales-driven "home" page, and then other categories like "about us", "archive", "products", etc.

You can have all these categories right on your blog's home page if you like. A WordPress site can be set up to be very similar to a static site with some minor modifications. And WordPress is not too hard to learn, all things considered. So yes, you can get away without having expenses beyond what you've already mentioned if you need to.

There are services like the Plug-In Profit Site (PIPS) that allows creates a FREE money making site for you. All you need to provide is a domain name and hosting as well as pick 5 affiliate programs of your choice.

With a site you can literally be killing two birds with one stone. And that excatly what you get from the PIPS.

Best Wishes,

John Benjamin

It's hard to enter this business without understanding web development in the first place. I'd say, take the time to learn basic website building skills like HTML, CSS, and PHP. You can use Wordpress and Drupal to help you out in the meantime, but those are like bicycle training wheels -- pros don't use 'em.

MI
Back