The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Squidoo page+SEO?

Dario

Hey guys!

I just started today with Squidoo(lens) page + some SEO...
I read few threads on other forums about it...
Squidoo is estabilished site so it can just help at ranking...

Have you ever tried it?

Pinged it with Pingler and pingomatic...
but I should get more backlinks...

I saw Squidoo pages on first page of Google for
very competitive keywords,mine is not too competitive.
Maybe Jay Wessman have experience with it :)
Jay we are waiting for you:cool:

Hi there... nice to meet you darster.

In the recent past, I had extensive experience and earnings from Squidoo... though, like many marketers on Squidoo, I was crushed by the changes made to the submission and maintenance of lenses. It seemed that Squidoo was simply calling everything bad and building from there. None of my lenses were hit, initially, but over time, as I updated them, each lenses was blacklisted as "too keywordy" and were of no use to the forum... geezzz... this was horrible... these lenses were VERY informative and I had hords of members flocking to my lenses just to learn from them (go figure that one out)... anyway, I was not imune to the devistation of the hammer Squidoo used to fix things.

I still have several profiles - created over a few of years - that had great success at driving traffic and creating affiliate income for me. I never set out to have Squidoo as my main source of income, nor my main focus for Internet Marketing... so, when even my BEST work, lenses that won numerous awards, were hit by Squidoo, I left the scene. It seemed the only thing I could do to eliminate the "low quality" labels I was receiving was to: TOTALLY remove ALL affiliate income producing links; take out ALL keyword density that helped Google establish what the heck the lens was about, and to TOTALLY eliminate ALL on-page optimization. That was more work than I was willing to do... and the only thing that seemed to get a lens out of the doghouse and back in their index "live" again.

I can honestly tell you that I did NO blackhat on the lenses (some on-page SEO and linked to a single product) and had almost ALL my lenses ranking 1st page (organic search results) for very competative retail product searches. The writing was top-notch and was thoroughly researched for weeks, before anything was produced. In all, I only created 4 to 5 lenses for each profile, so the analytics were easier in the admin of the profile. I also wanted to be thought of as having AUTHORITY in ONE area, only.

My best advice to getting ranked in Google is to get ranked on Squidoo, first. Do LOTS of "in-person" promotional work on each lens. This will get you LOTS of high ranking backlinks (within Squidoo) and LOTS of social likes. This seems to be the key to early success and I am sure is the key to future early success, as well. Having a plan for promoting each lens within the ranks of Squidoo members gives the early momentum and exposure needed for faster ranking... you might even be awared a Lens of the Day, too! The LotD award is like a moon shot and the backlinks you'll receive (organically) will be HUGE... most LotD award winners often have their lenses ranking 1st in SERPs within a few weeks for very competative keywords.

All that said, there are new methods in place for creating articles (lenses) on Squidoo that I won't take the time to get into... but as a whole, they seem to be geared towards eliminating most things that might give you an early advantage. So, all in all, if you write a HIGH quality article with LOTS of photos and include a few videos - AND - then promote it like a madman within Squidoo, you should be able to have your page ranking within a short amount of time.

FYI, don't get in too much of a hurry to monitize a new lens. Keep your writing real and personal for a while. This will appeal to the early crowds that you are trying to reach and will get you LOTS of needed likes. It will also help you to get past the new filters that are in place designed to eliminate things like: keyword denisty, affiliate promotions, on-page optimization, and backlink strategies. You will want to add new content to the lens SLOWLY and build it's quality over time... this will keep it fresh in Google's eyes, as you are able to ping it over and over for new changes you have made. Then, after a month or so of in-person "self-promotion" and gaining LOTS of attention and LIKES, start adding monetiation from Amazon, FIRST. Then, after a few weeks more of continued weekly updates and additional QUALITY content you can then start adding affiliate banners and links to the lens.

Sure, I have many, many tricks I learned over time to creating a stellar lens, but it always boils down to QUIALITY writing and in-person "self-promotion" tactics - avoiding ALL manners of automated crap.

Good luck and I hope I have helped a little, too.
Mitchell

Last edited:
I just made one today and get immediately 100/100 scorecard. When creating Squidoo lens, do it naturally, don't force your main keyword and give as much valuable content as you can. When in editing mode, on your right side you have check points so don't publish it till is everyone green checked.
After you publish, wait for one to two days to get live and do ping and after social bookmark.

Sounds interesting, did you start a page for your site or a specific offer/niche?

If you asked me...I just started page for an offer!
I read few tutorials about it...
I saw from other forums someone had results just with quantity :eek:
I read a thread from 2008. at BHW >>>CPA+Squidoo method>>> but I think today is more important quality of your lenses...and I failed in that step:(

But Google indexed my page I don`t think I will get any results...because I "forgot" on quality + I have problem with backlinks...

# cpadatingmaster - Did you see results from this?

I've never tried to use Squidoo to promote CPA offers but I have set up lots of Squidoo pages in the past for the purpose of backlinks.

I usually also set them up so that they also target niche related keywords that get a very small number of searches with very, very little competition in the search engines and with very little promotion they do seem to get ranked pretty damn well in the search engines for their keywords which brings in a trickle of traffic but like I said I'm only targeting extremely low search volume keywords so the traffic is nothing insane.

I'm sure if you set up tonnes of different pages and put more work into them then I have (building backlinks to them and such) then you could achieve better results but personally I'd rather focus that attention on my own sites.

Last edited:
MI
Back