The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Squidoo Marketing : is Squidoo working for you?

rjferrer

affiliate
For most of the free methods in affiliate marketing, one of it is Squidoo Marketing, is squidoo an affiliate marketer should consider starting?

how is squidoo working for anyone?

My Squidoo pages attract the search engines like bees to honey. I'm use it for all sorts of things, but mainly product and service promotion.

Thumbs up from me! ;)

My research phase of any new products/niches involves the power of squidoo.

Like anything else, it is fairly easy to get indexed and easy to create. That first lens was a pain, but I got to the point of cranking em out in 10-20 minutes in a few hours time.

I do not rely on them fully, however. The second a niche/product shows promise, I "borrow" the power of squidoo to power my new site.

I've had hit or miss success with Squidoo. One product that I promoted did extremely well (especially in the search engines), but another simply bombed out. I believe it depends on the product, the niche, and how well you get the lens out there. Also, develop a system. This was a lesson I learned the hard way...

Simple and short . . .

Squidoo marketing works if you do.

Take my word . . . It is not a set and forget operation.

You need to promote, update, promote, update . . . rinse and repeat.

Be seeing you

I've had hit or miss success with Squidoo. One product that I promoted did extremely well (especially in the search engines), but another simply bombed out. I believe it depends on the product, the niche, and how well you get the lens out there. Also, develop a system. This was a lesson I learned the hard way...

This is great information so from what I am reading here everyone seems to say Suidoo Marketing works and you mention here that it depends on how well you get your Squidoo page out there. What is the best most effective way to get your Squidoo page out there enough to where it is a success?

I have a Squidoo Page and it is only getting a few hits per week what am I doing wrong? Can someone help me with this?
Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!
:)

Squidoo has been downgraded by Google recently so it doesn't show up on the first or second pages anymore for keywords. I know many have started using hubpages with more effectiveness.

Great thanks for the info I will look into that. I despartely need a way to drive targeted traffic to my site and any information you all can provide me that actuall renders good results to this end is greatly appreciated!

Squidoo just upgraded recently and i just checked the page rank and am seeing seven. Dude if there is some place to get good search engine traffic then it better be squidoo, but keep in mind the latest squidoo website review and upgrade has really affected affiliate marketers. But you can still make a thin or two from the site. All the best folks.
584.jpg

Personally I don't use squidoo to sell products, but to generate new subscribers to my list. In this case squidoo do job very well. I have few leans that generate traffic to my squeeze page and bring me new subscribers every day.

Cool that is a cool way to generate leads. May I ask how much traffic you get per day from your lenses? and how to you promote Squidoo to get the traffic to them in order to funnel that traffic to your squeeze page?

The most popular lens generate about 200 - 300 visits a day, about 15% go to my squeeze page and about 5 - 8% subscribe to my list. For several keywords I have good position in Google, so mostly that's organic traffic. Also I have links from some other sites that like my content. I don't have a big secret how to drive traffic to lean, just good content :)

That is perfect and the right answer. I know this to be true because I get most of my traffic from google also and it is all or in large part because of content I have spread around the net. But for some reason my Squidoo lenses are not producing the way I thought they would. So I figured I must be missing something and thus the reason I posed that question. Thanks for the infomation however it is still good to know I am on the right track might just take more time...

I just wanted to say I think personally that Squidoo is a great tool for driving traffic if you know what you are doing when you both build your lense and promote your squidoo lense. Does anyone care to posts a few tips on the best ways to do this? I am sure it will be appreciated by all that read it....

Thanks for all the support on this thread everyone keep the post coming please this is good stuff!

Hey there, well i am new to affiliate marketing and also squidoo though written 3 lens now. But from my little experience I can tell you that yes squidoo does work because I have seen traffic on my lenses.

Also I see heaps of traffic on lens that are in to #100

However people say you gotta create many lens in order to build trust with other lensmasters.

so yeah that was my opinion.... lol

Squidoo works if you put some work into it. But then so does any content site on the internet. If you invest in creating genuine content and do your fair bit of SEO then you will get traffic

I admit to having a few squidoo lenses but now I focus on putting my content on my own websites or blogs

This thread is interesting because I have tested squidoo I believed it could generate sales by itself (I mean after you made all the daily work to update the site blabla).
Now, I think we should rethink it under the Dimitri's views e.g. to generate new subscribers to our list.

I will not put a lot of time and energy into a project that is based on someone else owning my content. Thousands of people have had their Squidoo pages deleted in the last six months.

Buy Web hosting. Learn Wordpress. Build web sites. Promote your websites on places like squidoo.

I will not put a lot of time and energy into a project that is based on someone else owning my content. Thousands of people have had their Squidoo pages deleted in the last six months.

Buy Web hosting. Learn Wordpress. Build web sites. Promote your websites on places like squidoo.

I agree. There is just so much more flexibility both in terms of content and in terms of income sources if you own your own domain(s) and arrange hosting yourself.

Hi , alot of people in here have said that they would not waste too much time building squidoo pages because it can get deleted. I was wondering do you guys consider a blog of your own to be something your own with own domain etc . I know it doesn't require domain & all that but lets just imagine.

But there is one problem with blogger & that is content will need to be updated each and every single day while squidoo you can just write lenses on random topics.

banners
Back