The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Squidoo/Blogger/Hubpages Landing pages - which one ranks better?

tash1

affiliate
Hey guys, are any of you using web 2.0 landing pages, and if so, which one do you think ranks better in your experience: blogger, hubpages or squidoo?

I using Hubpages, because they have easy step to use

Yes. And along with that they allow only fresh and original content so pages from this site rank quite better. So HubPage is one the most efficient ways to get quality backlinks along with driving good amount of traffic to your website.

I second Hubpages. Squidoo has some very strict rules regarding content by affiliate marketers so I never use them.

Hubs rank just as well as Squidoo lenses so I'd go with Hubpages.

I find that hubpages ranks the highest out of all of them. squidoo pages seem to take forever to get indexed by google for some reason. I feel like google almost doesn't like squidoo or something. Either way though all of those platforms will allow you to rank pretty well with some backlinking work.

The principle of 'piggy backing' on high ranked sites is indeed valid but the most important thing to keep in mind is that it's still essential to do good keyword research and employ SEO principles on these sites.

Unlike most of the respondents above I love squidoo - I have lenses gaining thousands of visitors a month and a great rate of clickouts to my money sites and affiliate offers. I also make money from my share of the adsense and Amazon

Yes, it is particular about the content it will allow but it's very simple - you are playing in their ballpark, so get to know and play by their rules.

I like squidoo also. but you have to remember no matter which one you use you really need to have original content and I will second what allanjames said above that "it's still essential to do good keyword research and employ SEO principles" on your pages.

Squidoo has always worked for me, and while its now harder to up the lens rankings, keyword-wise squidoo gives better weight to my rankings

I prefer Squidoo. It may have the toughest rules, but it certainly ranks higher with Google

I use Hub Pages as well as a good second choice, but I have to say that I think Blogger is a waste of time

Blogger.com by far IMO. This has the high PR TLD, so naturally it should rank higher as a web 2.0 website. Squidoo links are still do follow which is good for SEO, but remember that Google usually won't index pages on the same site that have very similar content. Hubpages is a no follow page until you build enough trust, so it is pretty much a waste for SEO, unless you are using it strictly for traffic.

Also look at the number of ads on a website and determine if you are loosing visitors and money because of those links. IE Ezine has like 7 Adsense blocks on their websites and you get a total of 2 outgoing links.

Blogger.com by far IMO. This has the high PR TLD, so naturally it should rank higher as a web 2.0 website. Squidoo links are still do follow which is good for SEO, but remember that Google usually won't index pages on the same site that have very similar content. Hubpages is a no follow page until you build enough trust, so it is pretty much a waste for SEO, unless you are using it strictly for traffic.

Also look at the number of ads on a website and determine if you are loosing visitors and money because of those links. IE Ezine has like 7 Adsense blocks on their websites and you get a total of 2 outgoing links.

I disagree with almost everything said here.

Blogger, I think doesn't rank as good as the other two. It should rank higher naturally because it has the higher PR TLD but the thing is you're on a subdomain which Google treats like a whole new website in terms of SEO benefits plus you're on Blogspot instead of Blogger.com.

Both hubpages and Squidoo pages benefit from their high PR TLDs unlike Blogger blogs.

With Hubpages its nofollow if you don't have a profile score of 75 and above which is super easy to get if you submit great content. Badly written content deserves to be nofollowed in my opinion. I have 4 hubpages profiles and they all have a score of 75 and above so links are do follow.

I agree with the Squidoo indexing issue and for Ezinearticles, I usually just use them to get backlinks but still optimize my articles for rankings and traffic. At least with Hubpages, even though you lose visitors through Adsense, you still get paid providing you use your Adsense Id on there.

Nothing beats having your own site and using your energy and your best content to build your own business.

Jay

banners
Back