The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

spend money to make it

DerkThunder

affiliate
This is the first topic I have ever decided to start but it is about stumble upon advertising and other types of advertising. Is it smart to pay for advertising right off the bat or should you wait until you build yourself some traffic?? I dont know how to build traffic to my game site and I dont have a lot of money to spend but i really want people there.

DerkThunder, here are some thread that can help you to know more about building traffic.

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/10120-how-get-massive-amounts-traffic-your-site.html?highlight=traffic">How to get massive amounts of traffic to your site!</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/search-engine-marketing-seo-forum/4889-target-traffic-help.html?highlight=traffic">Target traffic help</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/11566-best-free-method-youve-ever-used-marketing-your-business-online.html?highlight=traffic">Best Free Method You've Ever Used in Marketing Your Business Online</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/rss-marketing-blogging-forums/1195-get-traffic-2-your-blog-7-ways.html?highlight=traffic">Get Traffic 2 Your Blog - 7 Ways</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/7913-increase-traffic-website.html">Increase traffic to website</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/9884-how-do-i-get-more-traffic.html">How do I get more traffic?</a>

aside from submissions what is there

Time! Time to develop your site, add smart content, time to wait for your site to start getting organic traffic from the various search engines, time to reflect on what it is that makes your site better than anyone else's in the same genre or time to tweak your site to make it better...time is definitely on your side.

...link exchanges and reviews I don't know its just frustrating and I hate web 2.0

I'll let you in on a shameful secret in this AM/IM industry...it's always frustrating...:( Coming up with a niche topic is frustrating; Setting up a site is frustrating; Getting traffic is frustrating; Once you have the traffic, getting it to convert into sales is frustrating; joining affiliate networks is frustrating; having to adapt your site to changing markets and technology is frustrating; making money is frustrating (ie: taxes and moochers); trying to make more money than last month is frustrating...and so on and so on...not to be a *****, but this stuff is always frustrating to the newbie up to the big Dawgs....so don't worry, you are in good company...:)

Oh...and if you don't like Web 2.0 wait until you get a look at Web 3.0...:eek: Take care and all the best.

Feeling the frustration

Great post JazzGuy.

I know I've been frustrated for about three years now. For the newbie it can become so frustrating that you just quit and that is the unsettling truth of the whole thing. As you read the forums, you will here that you should follow your passion and the reason for that is to keep you going. You WILL need something to keep you going through all the frustration. It does take time and the money doesn't just pour in, so keep plugging away and your day will come.

Good luck.

Thanks DIY...and you are so right...the passion is the one motivating factor that should help propel you through the hard times...however, even that can be frustrating after all the hard work, and STILL, no one acknowledges the site or work you have done. It is a thankless gig at times but we all do it because we can't think of doing anything else. The only constant is that eventually, and sometimes when least expected, something happens to make all of the frustrating times...well...less frustrating...:) Perseverance and commitment are the two "Secrets" to this industry...much like other creative industries...so hang in there. Take care and all the best.

Hi Derk,

If you just want lots of bodies hitting your site and aren't necessarily worried about quality or conversions StumbleUpon is a pretty low price. But as with most things you get what you pay for. Low price = lower quality or less targeted.

Question - have you researched your niche to see how competitive it is??? If your site is about gaming in general then it's going to be hard for you to ever get good traffic without paying for it. Have you tried doing KW research to find a less competitive yet fairly sought after SUB-niche and then doing SEO to get lots of natural free search engine traffic?

Have you considered looking for a different niche altogether or is this something you are extremely passionate about?

If you haven't considered any of the above and aren't sure where to start, just tell us a little more about what you need help with. (IE how to do KW resaerch to find a sub-niche, or whatever.)

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP AND FOCUS ON YOUR GAMING SITE - you really should ask us for a site review and tell us in more detail your concerns, goals for the site and what you've tried or need help with. If we can see the site we can give you much better help and site review is the only place you can talk about and link to your specific site for this purpose.

Thank you

First of all thank you my friends for being so attentive to my question. My web site is fairly new but my friend is the one who puts in the hours making it I just am trying to find an effective way to get people to the site.

When you ask for the review you don't have to ask people to critique the site or give you design feedback - although they may give you some suggestions.

But you can ask specific marketing questions like is my site optimized for SEO? Now that you see the site, what type of marketing would you do? Is this too broad, do I need to find a sub-niche, etc.

banners
Back