The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Spammy, Funny, Weird Blog Comments

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I've been totally ignoring my blog comments because my carpal hurts too much to keep clicking through all the blog comment spam my 5 Star blog gets. Feel really bad because 1 out of 100 may be legit but I just get too much spam for my carpal to keep up with.

Just read the 1st blog comment in a long time today thinking maybe I should try to at least ck them. Wish I had not bothered clicking.

FYI the post had nothing to do with men, women or gaga. It was just about SEO.

Author : make money online affiliate commisions money make money easy make money how to make money online clickbank online money

You understand thus significantly relating to this topic, made me for my part consider it from so many various angles. Its like women and men don't seem to be involved unless it's something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. All the time take care of it up!

Thanks for the comment. I'll be sure to keep up the good stuffs and "take care of it up!" :rolleyes:

So as far as I understand the lines in bold is the comment itself which is a peer spam comment and even automatic. May be it is better to stop any comments at all than to get such ones?

You don't have to disable comments altogether. Just have them automatically go to moderation for review.

If you use WordPress, a lot of comment spam gets picked up automatically.

So as far as I understand the lines in bold is the comment itself which is a peer spam comment and even automatic. May be it is better to stop any comments at all than to get such ones?

Well no the bold was just the TITLE of the comment, the comment was below that. So everything in the blue box was the comment.

And Minstrel is right WP just holds everything for moderation so no one sees these comments unless I approve them and it's pretty good about putting spam in the spam folder too.

New comment on: 4 Steps to Better Social Media Management for Affiliates

Comment:
im having a problem with chipmunks, ate 4 of my hot pepper plants, now starting on watermelon, do u think the hair would work? what about cutting onions & throwing around garden?? thanks

Don’t know about gardening or chipmunks but throwing onions around sounds like a maybe??? :confused:

But what do you do with the hair? Who's hair? You cut off your own??? :eek:

And what does any of this have to do with Social Media for affiliates??? :rolleyes:

I have a moderator on my Blog as well - so I can see if I want that comment to appear or not - that is what I would do .

Hi Kate,

Yes these are moderated comments, they never get through.
I simply share funny spam I find in moderation sometimes. :)

The ones you share are great - but before I found this moderator - I had some comments that just simply made my head hurt.
:D

I got much of these spam comments as well and the truth is that they are very annoying, but then I have come to regard such as part of being a blogger or site owner online. But like others have said it is good to hold them up for moderation. Moreso, set a standard for what is spam comments to you and what is not. I rarely read two lines before I know it is spam comment and once a comment has a link in it, I don't waste time reading it I just delete and once such comment is coming from same source repeatedly, I blacklist the IP, email and links. The truth is that moderating comments could eat up a chunk of one's time online, but I guess it worth the time of bringing sanity and decency to one's site.

banners
Back