The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Solo ads

Filipe

Hi there,

First of all thanks so much for your support.

I'm new to affiliate marketing and right now I'm doing direct linking with Bing ads and I also use a squeeze page for capturing emails. The software I am using is GetResponse and I am doing offers on Clickbank.

I want to scale my campaigns a little more and I came accross Solo Ads.

My question is:

Is this a good option for getting clicks and leads?

And if yes, where can I purchase Solo ads that are trustworthy?

Thanks,

*solo ads* Do you mean media buying -- purchasing advertising direct from publishers of websites, or newsletters [paid email ads], or in app ads?

If you cannot account for the traffic; and analyze the attributes of that traffic; from your own server logs -- no traffic will be trustworthy <<<that you buy direct yourself.

So purchasing solo ads from sellers (people who have extensive mail lists) is not very trustworthy?
And that is because we don't have a way to tell if those clicks are good quality, right?

Networks have quality control software that are *supposed* to do this.
  1. What are your required attributes for the traffic?
  2. Analyze the subject website with various tools and data sources,
  3. accept or reject the alignment of that website's attributes to your product or service advertised,
  4. make a low cost commitment to test your findings to see if you are correct,
  5. scale any successful test to a larger commitment (media buy).
As you can see this is not that easy to do ;)

If you want a guarantee buy a refrigerator.

By networks you mean Bing ads and Google ads, for example?
So you are saying that getting traffic from networks is more reliable because they have the tools to make sure your product and campaign are in line within the rules and are generally accepted by the audience.

What I could do is test first a campaign by using Bing ads, to see what is the feedback from people and test the Sign up ratio on my squeeze page and then later on I could scale this by purchasing Clicks from a Solo ad Seller.

I don't know if I'm mistaking some concepts here. I appologize if I am, as I am very new to Affiliate Marketing and all these jargons.

Thanks.

If you cannot account for the traffic; and analyze the attributes of that traffic; from your own server logs -- no traffic will be trustworthy <<<that you buy direct yourself.

Networks have quality control software that are *supposed* to do this.
  1. What are your required attributes for the traffic?
  2. Analyze the subject website with various tools and data sources,
  3. accept or reject the alignment of that website's attributes to your product or service advertised,
  4. make a low cost commitment to test your findings to see if you are correct,
  5. scale any successful test to a larger commitment (media buy).
As you can see this is not that easy to do ;)

If you want a guarantee buy a refrigerator.

Ad networks are the SEM (AdWords, Bing Ads) but also the sellers of aggregated traffic like these ad brokers (now calling themselves networks [having grown in sophistication]). Everyone *says* they have quality controls in place.

So these ad brokers are not as reliable as Bing ads or Google Ads.. I shouldn't scale any campaign to them before knowing some key metrics!

I would do some testing with less expensive bulk ads like popunders

It's my first time hearing about popunders... so those are another traffic source. Apparently cheaper! I typed "popunder" on google and this website came on the first page PropellerAds – Display and Mobile Advertising Network... Should I invest in them?
I have an offer on Clickbank called Manifestation Magic... I've already built a Squeeze page with Email Swipes Autoresponder! My issue now is that with Bing I only have access to like 100 impressions a day and only 3 or 4 clicks. So I need to find a way of getting a bigger reach. Shall I use the Popunders??

if you want to evaluate affinity to that offer -- you need to track the time on your landing page (make one that you can modify later) and your funnel path, or if possible, (or additionally) the metrics in the actual offer or end seller site that will pay you a commission <<< the object is not necessarily to get a sale but to see how the traffic (let's call them people -- cause that's what they are) have any real interest to what is offered -- answer the question in you mind might this work?

How can I track the time spent on my landing page and also on the End Seller? Can I track those metrics by using any tracking software such as Clickmagic?

Thanks so much for your time answering all these questions. I'm really just getting started and appreciate all these information!

I don't blindly *trust* anybody --but then I have been accused of being cynical :D Maybe, I have reasons based on experiences?

Ad networks are the SEM (AdWords, Bing Ads) but also the sellers of aggregated traffic like these ad brokers (now calling themselves networks [having grown in sophistication]). Everyone *says* they have quality controls in place.

I would do some testing with less expensive bulk ads like popunders if you want to evaluate affinity to that offer -- you need to track the time on your landing page (make one that you can modify later) and your funnel path, or if possible, (or additionally) the metrics in the actual offer or end seller site that will pay you a commission <<< the object is not necessarily to get a sale but to see how the traffic (let's call them people -- cause that's what they are) have any real interest to what is offered -- answer the question in you mind might this work?

Once you see promise and are satisfied with the offer's technical features, server and routing availability and overall customer affinity, then and only then, start spending serious money (whatever that is to you) on the offer. Test the waters before you make a commitment -- it is your money you are spending.

If you want to spend $100 on AdWords or Bing Ads fine but don't be surprised if you are at a loss while testing. I would rather burn $20 on some cheap bulk ads for the first tests -- they are almost always a loss ;)

Better to use the SEM ads test on possible winners from the first test.

Regarding the advertising -- You need to try a few different networks -- testing small quantities.
Native ads might be a better choice.

Targeting this will be difficult
“Will you join me? I have a brand new product that is going to change your life..”
Learn How To Magically Manifest REAL, Spendable Cash…Starting In The Next 24 Hours…

Who do you target -- or who don't you target? People searching for self motivation?

Social media traffic like Facebook would be good (possibly) I don't know about the ad policies regarding this? Seems iffy ... Organic posts -- post boosting possibly?

Tracking YOUR own website (that is 100%) in your control; You CANNOT on the end sellers page that you do not control. You can if you use a white label cloned of end seller's website or a *reasonable (dumbed down) facsimile*.

Tracking tools cobble together stats cross domain -- you depend on others to report result accurately. That is a big if -- some do and some don't. ClickBank processes their own transactions -- so they act as a true middleman and not as a pass through payer.

You can use Google-Analytics if you want to get time on page and bounce rates. That depends on users accepting cookies and retaining them. Downside is the SEO factor -- a site that has a lot ad traffic has lousy site metrics. Use a separate domain for your ads or don't put the gtag script on the ad pages if you expect any SEO

http is a stateless protocol (usually) however you can see image loading times in your server logs and if you can program you can try event logging and cookie fetches (requests) for file gets and make some record.

Years ago when cookie cleaners started up I wrote and set up a session program to log return cookie visits -- that mattered to me as far as rev-share and repeat sales on an affiliate deal. 76% to 78% were return cookie(d) visits to my website. The other 1/4 were slippage -- I never saw anything beyond the initial session if they bought :( same applies for Google-Analytics cookies too (return v. new visits).

MI
Back