The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Social Networking Etiquette

Roo

affiliate
Just thought it worth while talking about this briefly.

With so many social networks to choose from their are some do's and don't's you should pay some attention to. Most if it makes perfect sense, but it's hopefully worth repeating.

Don't just join a social network for the purpose of dropping a load of links to your sites/pages. - This is often seen as spamming by genuine members of web 2.0 networks.

Do take part in discussions that you can contribute to. Be active and share your knowledge.

Only leave links to your site when relevant. The worst and most popular example of this is - blah on topic blah on topic blah off topic link to my site. Another example of this is just replying to a thread, page, comment, etc, in order to leave your signature link behind.

When finding or joining a new network, don't aim to add all your links in 20 posts in 5minutes. Some networks see this as spamming and will delete/lock your account. Do visit daily for a few weeks, hang out in the forums, and drop a couple of links a day or session if you have many links you wish to promote.

I'm sharing this here after a bit of a dispute between members of wis.dm and squidoo after some squidoo users were inconsiderately drivingby and just asking questions on the network to leave a link to their lens and hoping to get traffic. This was further aggravated by a blog post advising wisdm was a great way of getting traffic to your lens and some of the readers used the advice abit irresponsibly. The effect of this was to upset some very active members of wis.dm who were pushing for the squidoo url to be banned. Luckily some diplomacy jumped in and those who been 'link bombing' apologized and promised to stop.

i use facebook groups quite a bit with good results. Most of the time people are friendly enough although even with good intentions there are people who will accuse you of spam even with 1 link in on thread lol

When you joined to a social networking site be sure that you are also sharing a useful information to other members. These can help your site to generate traffic

Last edited by a moderator:
of course, if you want to make quality seo, selecting the appropiate social bookmarking category and sharing useful content & information will get you much more traffic than just spamming carelessly

Yes i am agree with your opinion. While using the social networking sites one should take care of links given. The links should be relevant.

While working of FB it is better to share all the updates that are necessary and very helpful in knowing different things. Social networking is very easy but at the same when doing it with business prospect then it requires time and different updates.

Very informative post fully agree with you.But there are some sites in which i cannot login without any reason,i have applied to forget password but no mail comes to me.Can any body tell me what will be reason behind it.

banners
Back