The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

So i want to use this site...

ExoticMktr87

So i want to use go daddy for building my site..the site is site build it. It sounds like it has a pretty good foundation as far as pricing goes...but I just want advice from anyone that used site build it.. how have you like it? Alot of people I hear are using wordpress but just checking it out I realized that you have to spend $100 just to use all those features and Im just starting out and dont really know to much about wordpress. So just wondering if anybody has any recommendations for building a site... Im currently looking at godaddy but still looking at others.. Im a cheapskate right now because im just starting out and dont want something to pricey and it doesnt work out.

:confused:

WordPress is free. What do you think will cost $100?

Also, GoDaddy is fine as a registrar but their hosting leaves something to be desired. Have you already paid for GoDaddy hosting?

And I believe site build it may include hosting, so I don't think you'd get Go Daddy too??? Plus it's pretty expensive if your budget is tight.

You can get a good host for under 10 a month and Wordpress is free, like Minstrel said.

It seems you may be confused so don't spend any money until you figure it out.

Here's a 23 page thread that spans 5 years if you want to read some other opinions. Maybe just read the last couple pages of newer posts. But most people I know including affiliates prefer Wordpress. SBI is good, but it's more of a turnkey system, so includes a lot more but may not be as flexible and is not free.

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/3826-1st-affiliate-website-where-get-how-build.html">1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?</a>

I put in a vote for Wordpress and ya it's free. I use to "build" html sites, took so much time. With Worpress, it's up quick and a professional, highly functional website.

I also agree that Go Daddy is not exactly desirable. I've helped customer and clients who use their hosting and I've found it to be quite slow and confusing.

Get yourself a good host with a normal/regular cpanel and you'll be happy.

I think just setting up a wordpress account can just be a little confusing. I think ill look other places and leave go daddy alone. :)

You don't set up a Wordpress account. You install the WP software to your hosting account. Hostgator would probably walk you through it.

And for hosting, we're talking 5-10$ a month. That's less than a few Happy Meals...or a couple packs of cigarettes. With regards to Worpresss..I can't believe it's free; especially when you count all the plugins available.

IMHO, this is just total opportunity; and on the cheap!

We are very lucky to have access to it.

Exotic, in my opinion, SiteBuildIt is a very pricey way to go. You usually end up with only one site and it ends up costing several hundred dollars. Take a look at the monthly cost. I believe it is around $30 a month for one site.

Instead use Hostgator and install Wordpress on it. You can get cheap hosting plans there and one click installation of WP. And they will walk you thru it step by step.
Hostgator hosting costs about $10 a month, just depends on the plan you get and a domain name is around $12 a year.

Much, much cheaper than SiteBuildIt.

If you need some help, I am an affiliate of Hostgator and would be happy to get you set up. I also have a penny code discount coupon for it. Just send me a private message here.

But I can tell you they will walk you right thru everything step by step. They are the best!

I do not promote HG just because I am an affiliate, I truly love HG. The support is outstanding. Far superior to the other hosting companies I have used.

I always advise people to get their own site, but if you are broke or just want to try things out you can experiment on free sites like Squidoo and Blogger.

But I can tell you they will walk you right thru everything step by step. They are the best!

I do not promote HG just because I am an affiliate, I truly love HG. The support is outstanding. Far superior to the other hosting companies I have used.

Yep, I've never heard anything bad about Hostgator. They seem to be a solid host.

Personally I buy domain names with go daddy and then forward "with masking" to the site I created with google sites. Works like a charm and saves hosting fees and all that jazz. Google sites is easy enough for beginners but lets geekier guys like me get into the HTML code and customize.

+1 for using WordPress. It's free and super easy to use and customize in every way with tonnes of free plugins and themes available for it.

Just to be clear to the OP. There is free wordpress thru Wordpress.com. It costs nothing and you are hosted by WP. You can sign up at Wordpress.com.

HOWEVER what we are recommending is that you purchase hosting which runs $10 a month or so and install Wordpress on it. Wordpress is free to install on it but because you are hosting it with a site like Hostgator you have more control than with a free Wordpress site at Wordpress.com.

When you are starting out, you should always buy less and use more open source options. You have to get used to doing business online first, instead of getting sucked in by all the promises of sites that want to charge you for what is free elsewhere.

When you are starting out, you should always buy less and use more open source options. You have to get used to doing business online first, instead of getting sucked in by all the promises of sites that want to charge you for what is free elsewhere.

I would agree with this with two exceptions:

1. Open source or free is only an option if it allows you to create professional looking sites with AM options.

2. My advice would be to never use free hosting. If you are successful, you are definitely going to want to move to self-hosting and if you start with free hosting you may have difficulty transferring your site. Additionally, some free hosting options have restrictions on what you can do with your site.

MI
Back