The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

smtp mail Plan would this work ?

Dark.banana

Hi to the lords and master of email marketing, Please Help me out, Would this strategy work ?

Instead of using Mailchimp and etc service with content Limitations and high price of there services (((
Thanks In Advance ))

ai3FXep.png

Your flowchart can work but depending on your data heallth (traps, spamhaus, etc) your accounts may not last for the longterm (maybe days, weeks or so). Alternative options are as follows:

a) If your data is internal direct optin (not purchased, leased or shared) then just use ESP services that allow affiliate offers, such as aweber and getresponse. Mailchimp and similar are NOT suitable because they do not alllow aff offers.
This is the best route since you can focus more on ROI, profits and marketing. Less issues with delivery.

b) If your data is internal direct optin (not purchased, leased or shared), you can setup your own ESP using something like sendy, mailwhiz, mumara. Also you will need a few smtp ip and this can be with amazon, smtp services, or similar mail relay services.

Don't just slap this kind of data on any vps or dedicated. The IPs on those are recycled with each new client any may be on blacklists or hidden blackslists such as cloudmark (used by many US major broadband and hosts such as godaddy, hostgator, etc.) This is a common with standard released ips from vps or dedicated.

This method does not have the inherent complexity associated with C and does not have the cost associated with A or C. Personally, i would go with A on internal data. Less hassle and just use money.

c) If your data is acquired and is large (purchased, leased or shared, data partners, network feed data, list managed data), your best bet would be to separate your raw data from your clickers (engaged data). Eventually, moving clickers to an ESP, while keeping the raw and openers data on separate networks. This is accomplished by having set of servers to push mail (PowerMTA or similar engine)
and a control panel to manage the list. In this scenario only the MTA is at risk while list management is safe.

This is how most high volume mailers do it and how they transition data to an ESP. The caveat is technical knowledge/staff and cost of ips (minimum /25 (125 ips) to max /20 (4000 ips) or larger). It also involves monitoring IP & domain reputation.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you are just starting out, go with option A.
Also, best to use highly targeted data.
No Spray and Pray

We use A and C.

Last edited:
Hi thank you so much for sharing much appreciated really enjoyed reading , it helped me alot i'm going with your advice with A and will be will learning and progressing to B and C. Will do some learning about PowerMTA got zero info about it ,. Currently Using mailwizz , checked sendy but it only uses amazon ses which is no go for me as can't pass sandbox verification (( about mumara can't find where to purchase it and install would you mind providing a link ?

Hello,

SMTP stands for simple mail transfer protocol. SMTP is basically used as sending Email all around the world as to where you want to send your Emails. Email clients are using SMTP Server for sending Emails or Bulk Emails to their subscriber. After that this Mail Server make use of SMTP Server and broadcasting this mail to the proper receiving end of a server.

Working process of the SMTP-
  • An SMTP Server creates the TCP port 25, port 587. sending data and instructions and receiving numerical results.
    This type of procedures can be further advanced with other clients.
  • However in earlier days, network unification of Bit net, and other various networks.
  • Mostly, testing is worked in the ways, involves connecting to the SMTP Server. We initializing the instruction to it, now observing what would.
  • It totally described by communications from end to end.
  • SMTP client interaction with host target SMTP Server orderly; on port 25, port 587 for delivering the mail, message, and other essential.
  • Holding the which are been transmit till it successfully being copied by SMTP recipient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice flowchart, I must say! what is the software used?

If you are sending about 10k mail. (Is it daily, hourly..?) I think that setup is too big. You could do that with 2 machines

One Main server, where you install MailWizz, and other for Smtp server.

Using multiple IPs/domains to send emails will get you into junk/folder and completely blocked after few other sendouts. ESP and Anti-Spam filters they can find out all the domains/IPs your are using (snowshoe spam).

If you investing in the setup you designed. I suggest you invest it in cleaning your list. because that is the reason why you get blacklisted in the first place.

MI
Back