The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Smilies on forums

gkd_uk

Hi

Is there any point of smilies on a forum? Personally, I think a smilie can say alot about how a person is feeling when posting.

What do you think?

Thanks

I agree, smilies are a great way to express yourself as a poster on any forum! And UKWW is no exception! I plan on developing some custom Smilies for the new UKWW skin thats under development by me.

Yeah i agree too, often when writing something it can come across a little negative or it can sound a little aggressive when actually it wasn't meant like that. Smiles can justify what the person is really trying to say. :D

I would agree, I think they need fixing. Temi or Gotlinks, can these be fixed?

yes, they got scrwed up when we had that crash of a few months ago... I actually thing we should buy some nicer smilley, if anyone know where we can buy some send me url and I will get it and gotlinks can sort the rest out

yes, they got scrwed up when we had that crash of a few months ago... I actually thing we should buy some nicer smilley, if anyone know where we can buy some send me url and I will get it and gotlinks can sort the rest out

That works to!

And I can fix w/e smilies are not working! I will look into it right now infact :D

-----Edit--------

All the smilies appear to be working to me... Care to share whats not working on your end? maybe a screenshot of what should be going on as all smilies work on this end!

You guys really think all these smilies are neccessary? You do know that the biggest webmaster forum in DP only has like 8 smilies?

IMO its plenty and less hassle to deal with incase of a crash like UKWW suffered a while back.

How about we put it to a vote?

I say we only use like 10 of the most needed smilies!
How about u?

10's fine with me, i thought the idea of the tread was to discuss the reasons behind smiles on forums not how many we should have here. Of course im guilty of going off subject too lol:rolleyes:

10's fine with me, i thought the idea of the tread was to discuss the reasons behind smiles on forums not how many we should have here. Of course im guilty of going off subject too lol:rolleyes:

I think its important to discuss this so we are :D HEHE

We have nice set of smiles on esyndicat forum but I don't know where owners got it from...

Looks like it is similar to smiles set #1 from the link scripter posted.

I would also suggest not to get anything extra large, just a bit larger than a standard set.

We have nice set of smiles on esyndicat forum but I don't know where owners got it from...

Looks like it is similar to smiles set #1 from the link scripter posted.

I would also suggest not to get anything extra large, just a bit larger than a standard set.

Well, I also have my web forum and it has cool smilies, but I believe having one off smilies is one way to catch peoples attention. The stuff thats out there is used so much! I think we should make our own and thats just what I am going to do along with the new design!

MI
Back