The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Site Redesign Complications ?

RiverWire

affiliate
Hi all im new here and looks a very good forum, would like a little advise if i could ?

My site is Tottenham Hotspur - Spurs Forum

I only really made it to be a forum and nothing more but as its getting more popular i want to give people a little more. Ive decided to redesign the home page and am really keen on Joomla based Template, mock up available here:

Home

Ive been reading that Joomla is pain for SEO even if you install all the Mod's etc , im not a designer and only know basic HTML and PHP so is there any other way i can get an easy to use user friendly design like the above which is SEO friendly?

The only reason i ask is because the Site has only been running 3 months and i think ive done an ok job of SEO on it and dont really want to go backwards :cry1:

Any Help and tips would be great

Thanks guys

I think you are doing quite fine, what you have done so far looks impressive, I think you should just continue.
Though joomla may be difficult to SEO but if you place links to important section of the website this should cover come some of the SEO challenges Joomla may pose.

I think you are doing quite fine

Thanks Temi do you mean deap linking ? sorry still leaning at the mo, ive been told that ive got to start deap linking in the forum to get them out of omitted results.

Also i was accepted to Dmoz about 2 weeks ago and its not showing as a backlink yet how long does it usually take before it shows ?

Google has to actually cache the page with your backlink on for it to show as a backlink. Once the page has been chached, regardless of whether or not G! shows it, you are getting the link benefit.

Thanks Temi do you mean deap linking ? sorry still leaning at the mo, ive been told that ive got to start deap linking in the forum to get them out of omitted results.

Also i was accepted to Dmoz about 2 weeks ago and its not showing as a backlink yet how long does it usually take before it shows ?

Yes, I mean deep linking. Most of the time we forget that linking to resources rather than contents is one of the best ways to get traffic to onces site.

Have a look at OWG's directory Deeply Linked , he only accepts deep linkins :)

Joomla is VERY heavy on server resources. I personally will not use it for that reason.

Hmm yeah i had noticed it takes a couple of seconds to load, would you recommend an alternative ?

I think the benefit Joomla offers offsets the downside. In the past I used PostNuke CSM but I really do not know if postnuke is still going, I will say stick with Joomla

Hmm yeah i had noticed it takes a couple of seconds to load, would you recommend an alternative ?

I think that worp press is known rather a blog engine than a cms, but I think it provides tons of advantages so without the slightest scruple I suggest you to use that.

banners
Back