The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Site indexing by search engines

PPCguySCOTT

affiliate
O.K. I'm pretty much a noob at SEO, but as an experienced PPC affiliate I'm finding more and more that my sites need to be aggressively SEO optimized in order to get the most out of my PPC efforts so a couple of questions;

1. I have been submitting video related to my site subject matter with links to my site across several different video sites, yet when I do a search for inbound links in Google (link:mywebsite.com) it returns nothing. ??????

I thought maybe Google just wasnt seeing my site, but when I do a search for my url mywebsite without the www or com, Google returns my site in the top position so I know Google knows I'm there, it just isn't listing any links???? Any ideas on why this is happening or how I can fix it?

2. On another site that I have, I've gone through the sam process with the same results however when I do a search for my naked URL mywebsite Google doesn't return my site as a result, HOWEVER when I do a search for my website with a space between natural words in the URL, Google returns my site in the top position. How bizzare????

I'm trying to do a lot link generating with video and now articles by submitting them to a lot of sites, but I can't tell if anything is working if Google won't return any info on inbound links. Any suggesstions??

Thanks,

Hi Scott,

Re: #1 Google I hear is not very good at reporting backlinks. Yahoo is better at picking them up. That said, maybe G has just not found them yet? Have you hit the links with the G toolbar on? That will ensure she knows about them, but she still may not report them all when you check with the link: command.

#2. That's very odd... I don't know why that could be. You'd think if anything, it would be the opposite.

Thanks Linda,

I did the link check on Yahoo and it shows 16 inbound links for the same site that Google shows none for. Can you tell me the back link code to check in MSN?

thanks again.

I tried that, and actually read in another forum that MSN has taken down their link search feature. Possibly could find another tool to do it, but will just keep dropping links and see what develops I suppose.

Thanks as always.

banners
Back