The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Site Build It How do I host an existing domain

tomsmith51

Hello

I have just come across Site Build It and so far am very impressed with the reviews, the only concern is that I don't think they allow private domain name registrations, this is where instead of your personal details being supplied for the domain, the web hosting company supplies their own address, so my question is given that Site Build It host the websites, is it possible for me to purchase a domain name from some other company or already have a domain name and then host that domain on Site Build It, this way I would have private domain details and still be able to use Site Build It which is really what I want to do

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Tom, I'm not sure about this. Was hoping one of our SBI pros would chime in.
Maybe since I just bumped this thread one of them will see it.

Hi tomsmith,

I believe SiteSell is working on private registration options but it isn't complete yet. So right now you have to host your domain with them too. Under their technical constraints it's not possible to host your domain somewhere else and then use SBI! as a host. Everything has to reside on their servers.

Thanks Lisa! I kinda thought that was the case, but didn't know
if they had some kind of option. Good to know it's coming down the road.

Tom,

There is a way to do this. You can forward your domain name (from another company) and mask it. I have a couple of domain names that I do this with. For example, I use godaddy for my domain name and a free hosting site for my hosting. In my godaddy domain name account, I choose the option of "forwarding" the domain and I also choose the yes for the option of masking it. Then you put the address of your hosting site as the address that your domain name is forwarded to. You don't have to use godaddy to do this, you can use just about any domain name company and they should offer this service. FYI-this is how a lot of affiliates mask their affiliate links, by finding free domain name companies and then using this forwarding and masking trick.

MI
Back