The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Sims 2 plays with life addicts

temi

affiliate
It has been four years since the game that lets the player be God over virtual people, The Sims, first hit PC screens.

Characters will pass on their 'DNA' from generation to generation
Since then, it has made millions, sold millions and spawned several expansion packs. The Sims 2 is the first full overhaul of the hit game, however.

Full story:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3672746.stm

Radu,
Escapism from real life can be fur a times especially when real life does not rock :)
Temi

:)

Isn't this dangerous, because you might find the virtual world better than real life and not come back to reality, remain stuck in this "endless" games world where of course you can make everything look like you want it.. but can't really feel anything??

Besides that, i find all games booring, and after max one hour of gameplay i uninstall that game and give away the CD :)

Radu,
I will tell you a funny but true story. If you apply to join the Police in UK you will do many tests including IQ test. If you IQ is too high you will not be employed, you would have though that the higher your IQ the better but that is not the case.
The reason the Police don't employ people with high IQ is that they get bored with Police work very quickly and leave the Police.
When this happens the Police authority loses all the money spent training the high IQ ex-Police man (or woman).

The reason for this story is that you will probably not be employed by the British Police if you were British because you IQ is too high.
Low IQ simpleton like me will be happy to play games for hours as the saying goes "little thing pleases little minds" ..... How can I increase my IQ :(

I know the online game player like no one knows the online game player (I'd like to think that), and they are NOT dumb as a whole. Although they are extremely marketable, you're not going to slide much by them :wink:

In my experience, it's not the game, it's the competition, which is...well, the game :D Kinda like SEO :wink:

Now people who don't like/follow sports...oh, they erk me :D I have no understanding of this form of human species :roll:

:)

Temi: don't get me wrong.. i don't consider myself a very smart person.. that's not the right way to think, but i just can't play a game for more than y one hour.. with only one exception (NFS Underground, but that was caused by my passion for tuned cars)

The only thing that would make me play a game for a long time would be, like Paul said.. competition, but even then.. i don't know. i find it to be wasted time :) no offence

Low IQ simpleton like me will be happy to play games for hours as the saying goes "little thing pleases little minds" ..... How can I increase my IQ

That was a joke right???? :)

@Paul:
I love sports, each time a have a spare hour or so.. i go out and play bascketball :)

Hey Radu,
I was only joking, I wish I have time to play games for hours given the number of website I have to maintain plus family life etc.

Temi

I got sims 2 first day it came out, its sweet, with the 3d graphics and new interactions, but you miss out on some stuff if you had the sims 1, like a whole lot of objects. All I can say is that after awhile the game can get boring, you do get more money to buy new items and you get to age, but time to time the game can just get plain boring. This game needs some new objects added to it in an upcoming expansion, if they release one, and allow the sims to go to other peoples houses or go to the job, that way you have more to do.

Once you open a game you can trade it in for the same game becuase it may of gotten damaged but you cant trade it in for a new one.

banners
Back