The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Simple is best

Niche48

affiliate
So I have read in the forums and on blogs all these really complicated methods of trying to make a buck online

Makes me think I must be missing something

I think what a lot of us lose track of or don't understand when we go into internet marketing is this

It is the little things that count, the simple things

If we do the basics and do them well, the results are more sustained, in my opinion than any convoluted, complicated methods

So here are a few simple things

Post to your blog everyday

Update your website frequently

Participate in forums

Have an opt in form on your page with a genuine incentive

Post useful articles on the net

Submit to directories

Avoid too many graphics on your page, especially the ones that slow down loading or those singing, flashing graphics

Bookmark individual articles on your site or blog

Ping regularly

Simple, easy, effective

Any other ideas?

Excellent post Niche.

All your points will help affiliates build a solid, sustainable foundation for a long term business. Many of the complicated, quirky 'plans' are either get rich quick or doomed to fail.

The other BIG important point I'd make is WRITE CONTENT FOR YOUR VISITORS and make yourself DRIVEN to give your visitors value-added benefits for visiting your site. In the beginning at least - Don't just focus on keywords, search engines and monetizing. Focus on getting a site up people WANT to read, WANT to link to and WANT to come back to.

Excellent post Niche.

The other BIG important point I'd make is WRITE CONTENT FOR YOUR VISITORS and make yourself DRIVEN to give your visitors value-added benefits for visiting your site. In the beginning at least - Don't just focus on keywords, search engines and monetizing. Focus on getting a site up people WANT to read, WANT to link to and WANT to come back to.

Excellent point Linda and one that is sometimes lost on "beginners" as well as on "pros". Thanks for reminding us. All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this post. It is all so true if we stay simple and work hard good things will happen. Strong keywords are a must too as well as making sure to blog everyday. Great tips!

You're welcome jazzguy.

BTW just took a quick peek at your blog.
Great job! Looking forward to more.

Thanks Linda. It's definitely a work in progress and there's lots more stuff to come. Thanks again for dropping by. Take care and all the best.

How about building links by posting on other blogs?
Answering questions on Yahoo answers?

I definitely practice the article marketing.
Diane

I think if you are going to post comments on other people's blogs you really need to be sure that your comment contributes to the conversation. There are some blog posts I have read where I learned more from the comments than the original post

'I agree' and 'awesome post' are just spam

Blog commenting is not only iseful for getting links, it is also good for grabbing the interest of the post reader and getting them to your site.

Yahoo answers? Well depends on the niche you are in. A source of traffic and I still get traffic from answers I posted a year ago but be selective about the questions you answer

Absolutely, I completely agree with you. keeping simple is the best policy which everyone should adopt.
We always have to keep in mind that we dont exactly know the mental ability of all our customers, hence more simple it is, more people will understand it and will in return get attracted to our product or our business or our service.
I say you are 100% correct with all the methods you have mentioned in your article. These are simple but very important and very resourceful tactics for increasing traffic to your site and thereby increasing your profits.

banners
Back