The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Should I use CAPTCHA on landing page?

DJDave

affiliate
Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is a general consensus as to whether using CAPTCHA character recognition (for spam security), is a good idea for landing pages?

I’ve been working on a custom landing page (seen here), where I use CAPTCHA. I asked for comments on the page in another forum and someone commented that you should never use CAPTCHA on landing pages.

Is there any research that suggests this is bad?

--------------------
Dave

I don't think having form it self is not a good idea... You should make this landing page very informative with call to action ( may be some nice good size button image).

Than on the next page after user clicks on this action button - you can have this for with captcha on it...

Wherever I know CAPTCHA is used to prevent spam. If you are doing PPC and someone enters your site you are sure to pay for that click. Now the CAPTCHA can not stop that click fraud, so if someone is entering your site from sponsored result s/he must not be get irritated if by mistake entered some incorrect string in CAPTCHA. Generally a genuine visitor do not care if there is Captcha or not.

If you go ahead with this as is, I think you should have a plan B up your sleeve. Then if your tracking shows it is wasting Click Money, you will have a quick solution to impliment and plug the hole. FWIW, my opinion is that it will cause wasted clicks and you should look at other possible Scripted filters in your mailsender to tackle the Auto Submitters.

Can't hurt, but you may not need. I would say to include it if you have an automated response when they fill out the form.

banners
Back