“Adavice”/  “1Win

Should I use a LP?

DK-OMS

Hey Folks,

I am just about to launch my first campaign:

Traffic: Mobile
Offer: Video-Subscription
Geo: Tier2

Actually, I always had in mind to create a landingpage. But for this offer I doubt.
It is just about a video subscription... not sure whether a lp would help or even disturb the journey. What do you think?

Another thing I'd like to know: for how long should I keep running a campaign to consider whether it is profitable or not? At least for 3 days , I guess? Probably it strongly depends on its data, like CTR and ROI.

Looking forward to read your opinions / suggestions.
Thanks, DK

Last edited:
Depends on the offer page whether you need a lander. If it has little information about the service and/or a click here to pay/subscribe button, then you will need a lander. A good way to test is to ask yourself would you subscribe to this offer?

A lot of streaming offers are good in the sense that they show part of a video or some screenshot and the user has to subscribe to see the rest. These work well, particularly with popunder traffic from streaming sites.

As for running it, usually you want a couple days of traffic to test. If you're seeing no traction early on, then you will know you're not on to a winner.

Thank you, Sephrata. Do you wait for a certain number of any part of your tracking? When do you think your campaign is going to be a winner? As soon as any positive ROI kicks in, or even a certain value of CR / CTR? Maybe there is a kind of a formula which I could use as orientation.

LP can easily turn into a small functioning website.

It always good to test your lp and to proceed from there.
From my experience, the landing page may be effective or not. that why if you planning on go all the way with that campaign, think about to even AB testing to the page you will send your traffic, it might be worth your investment

It depends on the geo/vertical/traffic source/offer.

If I ran a RON direct link to an unproven offer, I would usually being to cut placements between 500-1000 visits without a conversion. But I would start with a low bid to kill the big placements that dominate your traffic.

Running a lander does have its advantages. You can see the clicks which tell you whether you traffic source or lander are any good. It's much easier to cut placements and optimise when you have a lander.

The other thing I would do is figure out the offer payout x traffic CPM ratio. Say the offer pays $1 and the traffic source costs $2 CPM, then you would need a conversion rate of 0.2% to break even. One of the biggest mistakes people make is running low paying offers in geos with high traffic costs. You need a crazy conversion rate to then make anything out of it.

One more important thing not mentioned here is that mobile content subscription offers (which I believe you are going to use) convert great because you don't have to make multiple steps to subscribe. It can be easily seen if you compare 1-click and 2-click offer on the same GEO: 1 click will give you more subscriptions in most of times. When using a LP on such offers, you add an extra step to be made. It will definitely affect your CR.
Of course, as @Sephrata says, it also depends on how does the offer look like. It has to attract user, onу way or another. For if it doesn't, whois going to click it at all?

[QUOTE="Daria_WapEmpire, post: 489137, member: 27490"1 click will give you more subscriptions in most of times.[/QUOTE]

The problem is we're seeing fewer and fewer 1 click direct billing offers these days and those carriers that still allow them, the traffic CPM is often really high.

Actually, I always had in mind to create a landingpage. But for this offer I doubt.
It is just about a video subscription... not sure whether a lp would help or even disturb the journey. What do you think?
it's better to split test Direct linking VS Landing page and see :)

depends on its data
this is true :) it depends on the data you have collected

Depends on the offer page whether you need a lander. If it has little information about the service and/or a click here to pay/subscribe button, then you will need a lander. A good way to test is to ask yourself would you subscribe to this offer?

this is true the visitor has to know what he is going to get from the Offer :)

this is true the visitor has to know what he is going to get from the Offer :)

Or not know with some offers :)

There are a lot of people running very aggressive angles with sweeps and mob content these days. I'm seeing more and more iFraming or people running an offer directly with an advertiser (embedded into their lander).

Edit: Antivir has really died recently. Now people are running more mobile content offers with the angle, 'Your phone software is out of date, Click Here to Update it' etc.

Hey Guys, thanks for all your value bombs! I really should run an A/B. Now I also got an idea when to cancel a campaign, according to its numbers. Thanks :)

Hey Folks,

I am just about to launch my first campaign:

Traffic: Mobile
Offer: Video-Subscription
Geo: Tier2

Another thing I'd like to know: for how long should I keep running a campaign to consider whether it is profitable or not? At least for 3 days , I guess? Probably it strongly depends on its data, like CTR and ROI.

Looking forward to read your opinions / suggestions.
Thanks, DK
I think you are the one who know if your offer needs a landing page or not, personally if the video is not explaining well what the offer is, then you need a landing page. Also, if you decide to build a landing page, then you will have to test it well before setting it!!
You can use ADMobiSpy, a cheap spy tool that works well for mobile offers, to test this, and see if it could be productive for your offer!! good luck!

Good luck! If you ever get annoyed with making landing pages or need a new movie/video offer to promote, YTZ has a lot of movie offers with landing pages tested in house and ready to be used! We normally make one for the big events on TV! For example, we have a really good one for Game of Thrones, and another for sporting events! if you're interested, sign up here!

banners
Back