The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Should I sell my eBook or use it for lead gen?

bluedot

Hey guys,

I've published my first eBook on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KAEUAEC/

My subjective opinion is that the eBook is of good quality. It consists of 29 A4 pages, material is based on various research papers, the writing was done by my GF, and the proofreading was done by a PRO US-based writer.

I have absolutely no experience with eBooks on Amazon, so I don't know what to expect. However, instead of just sitting around and waiting for results (btw, the free promo days went well - the book was downloaded 7.500+ times and it shot up to #1 in both of its categories), I was thinking if I should:

1) Create a landing page for the eBook, set the 2.99 USD price, and advertise it on Facebook.
2) Create a landing page, offer the eBook for free, and build an email list. In the email list, I would sell a product from ClickBank. The advertising would also be done via Facebook.
3) Do both.

What would you suggest I should try first? I would appreciate your help and opinions. :)

Thanks!

It would be the best to lock your book using one of the monetization tool from incentivized CPA networks.
That means you lock your ebook with file/link/content locker and visitor needs to complete an offer to access to your book.
You get paid and he/she get what he/she want(your ebook).

Adwork Media,CPAGrip,CPALead and other networks provide you this solution to monetize your file/content.

@darster: That's a really good idea, thanks. Can I still advertise this type of offer on FB?

I`ve never tried to promote content locking related stuff on FB. Maybe you could give it a try but use landing page,I think If FB detect on click gateway on your landing page that they will reject your ad.So you should redirect them from your landing page to locked file/link.

u know for the new products its all about the launch day ..
Just try to collect emails of ppl who interested in ur book + create fb fan page then try to look for affiliate to sell ur book to make a lot and i mean a lot of money from ur valuable product
* please see Product Launch Formula for more and more details :)

@darster: All right, I'll do some research about this.

@mlaghfiri: I don't have any opt-in link yet in my eBook, because I still need to figure out the content for the email list, the product I want to promote, etc. I hope to sell at least 5-10 copies per day until then. However, the launch went really well, despite the fact that I don't have a blog, social media profiles and stuff like that related to my eBook.

I guess the only way to find out what's best is to split test various methods. I can set up one LP with a paid eBook, I can set up another LP with a free eBook offer and an opt-in form, etc.

Anyway, I'm still open to suggestions / opinions. :)

@bluedot, does Amazon allow you to do that? I thought that you could only give the book out during the first five days, or something like that? I've never sold a book on Amazon, just thought I'd read that somewhere.

@azgold, as long as you are in the KDP Select program (90 days, minimum), you can't market your eBook anywhere else. However, I would change the cover, title, etc., so it won't look anything like the original. It also may happen that the KDP Select period will be over before I manage to set up everything. :)

I've sold 50+ copies so far, but after raising the price to 2.99 USD, the sales are slowing down.

@azgold, as long as you are in the KDP Select program (90 days, minimum), you can't market your eBook anywhere else. However, I would change the cover, title, etc., so it won't look anything like the original. It also may happen that the KDP Select period will be over before I manage to set up everything. :)

I've sold 50+ copies so far, but after raising the price to 2.99 USD, the sales are slowing down.

Oh, excellent then! Also, congrats on your sales!

Thanks. :) I had 6 sales today, which is near the minimum to what I would consider acceptable performance. If I can manage 5-10 sales per day consistently, I'm OK with that.

banners
Back