The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Service vs Product sites

Spintax

affiliate
This question really is a matter of preference. I tallied up my sites and found that I have more product sites than service sites. This wasn't all that surprising because, although the service sites provide the most steady income, they are too time intensive, and require way too much customer interaction for my taste :cool:. Which do you prefer? And why?

Are those sites which you own, or sites that you have joined to make money online?

I think offering a service or promoting a service is the better option. Selling or promoting products can provide instant profits, but a useful service can provide long term earnings if it is a service that can be renewed or if a customer can make repeat orders. Writers and web developers, for example, might set up sites offering their services, which could generate regular income from repeat requests, plus new jobs for other customers.

Is this what you mean by a service site, or had you something else in mind?

I have it pretty much evenly distributed between products and services.
I have found that both, when chosen well, can bring in repeat business and residual income.
Although I will say that the services I have chosen to supply do not take a great deal of effort or time to supply.
I have repeat customers for some of my services, and I also sell a lot of products which have a repeat purchase element to them,

I prefer to offer products as well, for the same reasons. I used to offer my services, and I found it to be very stressful since I'd often get follow up instructions and revisions even after I've already delivered. Of course, I'd have to comply since it's the professional way to go about it, but it made me want to give it up which I ultimately did. Nowadays, I just sell products on ebay, and even though I still get remarks and refunds past the sale, at least it's monumentally less effort to rectify problems that arise.

Rube -

I was referring to sites that we actually own. And yes, service sites provide a service (hairdressers, plumbers, seo, etc), while product sites sell tangible goods.

The only sites that I own that can possibly be considered both would be my lead-gen sites. Yes, I'm ultimately handing over a file of leads, but really, I do way too much client & customer babysitting for it to not be considered a service.

banners
Back