“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPC VS CPM

CPC or CPM

• CPC

• CPM

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. FOX

affiliate
Let's the battle begin. I always love CPC. Because I get targeted clicks in very short amount of time.

I go for CPM. because its cheap and can be accurate as well. Clicks may also differ depending on how compelling your ad is.

Its also worth to note that in terms of budget. Say you have like $5000 for your ad spend. If you put that on CPC at $1 it would bring you 5,000 clicks.

On CPM though, if you dedicate that 5,000 at $15 per thousand will surely bring you in 333,333 people. In that way, you get a very big marging of audience. If you got a great CTR, chances are your ad will pull in way more than 5000 clicks.

On the other hand, if your ad doesnt perform well, like a meager .5 CTR and after your $5,000 budget you only end up with 1,600 clicks.

Thats why CPM is still the best for me.

I prefer CPM, especially SmartCPM. The great thing about SmartCPM is that it basically lets you insert a maximum bid that you’ll normally never pay. What you actually end up paying is based on your following competitor.

Imagine you put a max bid of 0,50 EUR and your next competitor has put 0,40 EUR – you’re gonna pay around 10% more than him (0,44 EUR, in this example).

If you do this, you guarantee your position at the lowest possible cost.

I prefer CPM, especially SmartCPM. The great thing about SmartCPM is that it basically lets you insert a maximum bid that you’ll normally never pay. What you actually end up paying is based on your following competitor.

Imagine you put a max bid of 0,50 EUR and your next competitor has put 0,40 EUR – you’re gonna pay around 10% more than him (0,44 EUR, in this example).

If you do this, you guarantee your position at the lowest possible cost.

How Is it different on Dynamic CPM on SmartCPM? Can you shed light on this for me? Thanks

How Is it different on Dynamic CPM on SmartCPM? Can you shed light on this for me? Thanks

Great Impressions: Dynamic CPM for dummies

They buy Media on a dCPM (dynamic CPM) basis - this means that the price changes and is not constant. So they can buy media for 2 cents and for $1.50 depending on the website, placements, day and time.

http://www.internetmarketingagency.com/blog/2010/7/9/why-dcpm-is-best-for-roi.aspx

For example, if you have a dCPM bid of $2.00, your DSP might bid 50 cents for one impression and $3.50 for another, depending on its value. The dCPM model is ideal for RTB exchanges because, depending on the DSP’s technology infrastructure, it can potentially maximize performance by having the flexibility to "hand pick" each impression and pay exactly what it's worth.

DCPM is normally used for DSP and RTB - Real time bids

As a new marketer, I think I voted for CPC. It seems like the need to be a proper research before start CPM.

Hi Mr. Fox,

Try our Performance Marketing Solution. If you'd like a demo PM us.
We offer transparent targeting options and custom price models on all cost metrics.

CPXCenter:

1. Supports all cost metrics (CPC, CPM, CPA, CPL)

2. Supports all major ad formats (web, mobile, in-app, video)

3. Offers transparent targeting options with Ad Exchange

4. Supports digital advertising/tracking capabilities on both web/mobile

5. Customizable UI, all-in-one solution for performance marketing

I voted for CPC. Because CPC is less costly if you collect leads. There are no doubt about the quality of PPC traffic.

It all depends on the goal of campaign. The end goal is always conversions, but sometimes "by-effects" also matter like brand or offer recognition, covering as much audience as possible, etc. - these are for CPM of course. When the goal is collecting leads - then sure, CPC is better. We on TrafficHunt sell traffic on both models, as some clients prefer CPM, and others - CPC.

+1 for CPC if we are talking about display ads,of course. This method proved to be working for different type of advertisers in our network. If you are not sure how your banner will work on certain type of sites (for example: running mainstream offer on adult site) def go for CPC and monitor closely, then choose the sources with best CTR and then,probably, switch to CPM

For new marketers CPC is 'safer' but CPM is the more profitable model in my opinion (not that I'm biased or anything ;) also certain clicks aren’t worth as much as others, but you still end up paying the same rate. CPM is easier to optimize!

MI
Back