The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEOcontest2008 on Search Engines

Looks like MSN finally woke up - now they have over 3600 results for seocontest2008.

Google is on 1450 and Yahoo is still far behind with only 34 results...

I don't know who was fast enough to snatch this domain but there is nothing about it that violates contest terms.

Yep it follows all the rules even the link back to ukww is correct with the members user name (hint for you to find out there)

owning the dot com domain does not mean the owner will win this contest..

I have been doing some search engine speed checks for a while now and some of the results, have left me more confused than when I first started..

more so with google...depending on the time of day the results can be from one page to 1000 pages each with 10 results.

owning the domain name does guarantee google will list you first. take a look at a snap from a recent search page for "compstruction" after 3 months, of submitting this site to all the major search engines, it was not being indexed.

We posted his listing on tradersreview.co.uk 3 days later he got indexed. google 9 times out of 10 returns the results with tradersreview.co.uk in 1st and 2nd and not compstruction.com.

I have entered this contest as a learning curve, yes the money would be nice if I won. but setting that aside what we will learn from this... money can not buy... IT'S PRICELESS....

Mike :)

Attachments

• comps.jpg
    comps.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
...I have entered this contest as a learning curve, yes the money would be nice if I won. but setting that aside what we will learn from this... money can not buy... IT'S PRICELESS....

Mike :)

Great point Mike! Practice makes perfect...

I guess all those signature links on forums are starting to kick in...

MSN is showing 15,400 results...

Looks like Yahoo is catching up! Now the show over 230,000 results for SEOcontest2008...

I don't know how it happened but both of my sites are on the first page... :)

Looks like Yahoo is catching up! Now the show over 230,000 results for SEOcontest2008...

I don't know how it happened but both of my sites are on the first page... :)

Yahoo! is crazy, its interesting to watch, just a quick not yahoo results in the .co.uk search engine Temi's site is 3rd :friends:

Today during the day Google dropped about 40,000 SEOcontest2008 pages from SERP's.

Anyone else saw that?

and now it's back to over 150K results... Yahoo is closing on the million pages (860K right now...)

Yup i also saw the dramatic change by Google let's see what more to be happen. And yes "Google is definitely playing with the results and mind"
:coolv:

It's unbelievable. I saw on the Google a couple of days ago 148,000 results for seocontest2008, then yesterday only 98,000 results, and now there are 200,100 results.

No matter what some people say - contest has broken 1Million result pages on Yahoo today...

It's unbelievable. I saw on the Google a couple of days ago 148,000 results for seocontest2008, then yesterday only 98,000 results, and now there are 200,100 results.

Was this on Google.co.uk or google.com ? the result on Google is erratic, it changes all the time, goes up and sometime down.

banners
Back