The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO vs Content

Hanaseru

I notice that everybody always says that SEO is extremely important, but then neglects the content. Is it possible to do that well?

I notice that everybody always says that SEO is extremely important, but then neglects the content. Is it possible to do that well?

Not really - in fact content is really a part of SEO. Having quality content on your site is the only way you will see long-term SEO benefits, and the only way you will survive the dreaded Google updates, such as Panda, which specifically targeted sites with low-quality site.

That's what I was going to say CTX. Quality content is a part of SEO. Hanaseru, you can have the best content in the world, but if the SEO is bad you probably won't get much traffic to that content. Very few people are actually going to see it.

Quality content will help you differentiate yourself as an authority to the search engines, they don't like to see when entire paragraphs, even entire webpages are duplicated. It will also help you capture a caring audience that will eventually share some of your work on social media, giving you authority to the search engines that way (which is actually one of the best ways available to increase page rank). A huge part about writing with quality, is writing for your target audience, not for a certain advertisement to show up on a network, and not as if you are trying to make a profit. You have to kind of empathize with their struggles, their feelings, and their concerns, and then you have to give a thought-out opinion or good solution about and to the issues at hand.

The meat and bones of the SEO when it comes to your content should only come afterward. It's a lot easier to write great content when you don't have to constrain yourself with thoughts like "Oh, I need to write exactly for this keyword or I won't be seen!". No, this is not the case. All of the better ways to do SEO in fact have very little to do with your content outside of keywords related to your niche. It's when people like or share your article, blog post, music, or whatever other content you have via social networks and - in the case of webmasters - other websites, that Google really cares about. Google has long known that no formula or algorithm is suitable when it comes to keywords and things controlled by the webmaster to determine how good the content really is, so it is often what other people do for your content that determines its fate. Making sure you follow proper on-site SEO practices and such are just supplementary, but they should also never be neglected. That, and that alone, is the secret to SEO. This is why they say "content is king".

The only problem with this is, sometimes you hit the mark on what people like, sometimes you don't. You just have to keep trying, but once you have your first ten likes, shares, pins, etc. it just gets easier from there.

SEO can succeed without having a good quality content on the site. But any ranking it gets will be short-lived. More than anything else, it is the visitors that matters. When the visitors find that your site has little or useless content on the site, the site, and all the SEO you've performed, will fail.

Nothing is impossible when it comes to SEO. I'm currently driving a decent amount of traffic to my blog as well as writing high quality content. As long as you are dedicated to it, you would have no problem doing two things at once. After all, the best combination in SEO is quality content + traffic.

For me, content is more important than SEO.

When you do SEO, you are trying to please search engines.

When you focus on contents, you are focusing on your visitors.

Overall, content is more important.

SEO can succeed without having a good quality content on the site. But any ranking it gets will be short-lived. More than anything else, it is the visitors that matters. When the visitors find that your site has little or useless content on the site, the site, and all the SEO you've performed, will fail.

That's true Jean. Google will eventually realize it if a site has useless content. Great SEO can get a site on page one of Google search for a short period of time, but if the content is junk, Google will later bury it in search result. They might even sandbox the site. Google has stated that they're all about the visitor's experience. Great SEO and quality content are both necessary.

You can do all the SEO you want if you don't have some quality content to back it up. SEO is what will get people on your page, but content is what will keep them on your page. People visit your website because they think they will find the thing they are looking for - and if they don't, they leave as fast as they arrived. You may experience some success with poor content and good SEO, but there is no way your business will last long if you do this. That is why I advice everyone to build content first, and do SEO afterwards.

SEO is important to generate leads, but content is what matters in keeping those leads! Think about it, if you search for a term through Google, find an article with exactly what you were looking for, but the content is lacking, then you probably won't click that user's link again. So you may get a hit, but they won't keep coming consistently. I definitely think it's possible to have a lot of leads with great content as well. In fact, I think it's more possible!

You have to combine both SEO and quality content to get the best results that will last in the long term. Having just one without the other won't get you far. At least this is what I'm trying to do.

For a while there it felt like SEO had trumped content in terms of driving traffic to a site, but fortunately it seems that era is over. SEO without content won't get you very far these days, and that is as it should be because content is at the heart of a good user experience. As others have said, SEO might get visitors to a site, but it is content that will keep them there and keep them coming back. Search engine algorithms are accounting for this more successfully with each new update so web sites that neglect content and feel they can rely on SEO do so at their own peril.

Content is the KING. Nope, it's not my saying. You can find it everywhere online. Quality content is the most important thing a web site needs. Without quality content and a lot of it, there is no point for doing SEO because it won't make too much difference without solid content.

When you start a web site, you should always work on the content first. It is the key to success. With good content alone, your site can become successful even without a killing design or SEO although they might be able to help a little. On the other hand, without good solid content your site won't be successful even with a cool web design and tons of SEO work. People just won't stay because there isn't much to look at.

Whoever does SEO knows that optimized content it's the best SEO. If you really want to rank for a website, you should build high quality content which it's optimized. That will help you build natural links but also help the search engines since your content it's already optimized.
So optimized content for search engines it's the best option for my opinion.

I think SEO only makes you discoverable, but ultimately it will be content that keeps your viewers and therefore further increasing your rank and visibility. Both work hand in hand, and one couldn't function efficiently without the other, in my opinion.

To me, I'd say Content, why? Well good Seo is good for results and traffic, but if you want people to actually watch your site then you'd need good content.

Content is king, remember that. You can do all the SEO in the world, if your content is not relevant and not long enough, google will not like it. Content is ALWAYS king, and is a long term investment for your website. The longer the content, the better the ranking

There is nothing as quality of content. Google bot do not understand any language. It only verifies the matter of the website with that in its database. If it finds the matter in its database it will never enter that matter of website in its database. Hence your website will never be on ranking in google displays. That is why an unique matter of website is very important.

I have seen plenty of sites that have had no quality content thrive for a a little while. Yet, without the quality content, then sooner or later the rankings will drop and the search traffic will dry up. Even when you go out of your way to create quality content, if you are not melding in the SEO, you will find yourself seeing little results. A site needs to have well thought-out and targeted descriptions for products. Plus original reviews, quality back links from other credible sites and keywords closely tied to content and subject matter of the site. This is just a start.

You can do all the SEO that you want but your content contains your keywords and a lack of proper on-site optimization will hamper any off-site SEO.
For returning site visits, you site needs to offer something worthwhile (once again, content).

Now if you are only trying to rank very quickly, you could make a poor site and spam backlinks but don't expect to keep a high search ranking for long.

banners
Back