The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO - Two questions

uzzal15

Banned
I have two questions regarding SEO:

(i) Are giving meta keywords still important for SEO;

(ii) Should the keywords phrases be given bold in the posts from SEO point of view.

(i) Are giving meta keywords still important for SEO;

For Google, No. There was an articles posted webmaster central blog few years ago, search this text on Google- "Google doesn't use the keywords meta tag in web search" . You will see Matt cutts reply there.

(ii) Should the keywords phrases be given bold in the posts from SEO point of view.
It can help but don't do keyword stuffing on a webpage.

1) Meta tags aren't as important as they once were considering meta-search engines don't even really exist anymore. Still, I always consider it to be a must have when writing pages and content. Allot of search engines will still grab and use your meta description so it's good to have in there. The answer here is YES.

2) This is still important..but be careful not to overdue it. Don't make every single one bold, make one bold and one italic and one underlined...don't do it more than a couple times per page.

Hey uzzal.
It's seems like you're a little outdated. Your concerns were already answered but I'll add something...
While you're working on your site just include your keywords on the title, H1-3 tags and at the very beginning of the content, believe me this will be more than enough. Without reallly knowing what you are doing the chances that you end with a overoptimized site are really high.

MI
Back