The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO question on redirect domain

ms4u

affiliate
Hi,

Currently, I have a directory hosted under the domain name of moneysearch4u.co.uk. However, I have also brought a similar domain name but with different extension, that is moneysearch4u.com.

What I am planning to do is, if I redirect the .com domain to co.uk site. Would it effect the SEO on the main site? also, is there any negative effect of doing redirecting?

Redirecting one domain to the other should not have any negative impact if done correctly, ensure you use 301 redirect and not say browser refresh or any of the other redirects search engines frown upon.

If the site you are forwarding from already have some back links, it will pass on the backlinks and other SEO 'credits' it has accrued to the sites you are forwarding it to.
Thanks

Hi,

Currently, I have a directory hosted under the domain name of moneysearch4u.co.uk. However, I have also brought a similar domain name but with different extension, that is moneysearch4u.com.

What I am planning to do is, if I redirect the .com domain to co.uk site. Would it effect the SEO on the main site? also, is there any negative effect of doing redirecting?

Yeah i have 7 domains directed to my tottenham site, mainly for competition purpose, for example other high traffic sites of the same topic i buy the .com's and redirect it to my site as alot of people always type .com for some reason. Its worked quite well, but the main aim is to open more tottenham related sites in the next couple of months so i had to get the domains as they came along over the last year.

banners
Back