The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO prices?

chetan1

affiliate
hi
I want to start my own business of seo but i don't know market price.
How would i get?Any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do some research on the people you'll be competing against. Give them a call if they don't have prices listed on their sites.

Just act like a potential client.

One you have done that then you can gauge what is the best price for your part of the world.

KP

I charge by the hour for my SEO as I do for all my work. The client knows what they are getting in the way of time and effort not the price of smokey mirrors and stuff.

I charge by the hour for my SEO as I do for all my work. The client knows what they are getting in the way of time and effort not the price of smokey mirrors and stuff.

I cant get my head around charging per hour for anything to do with SEO ? would the client really know what he was getting ? A contract on a priced job and monthly set payments are much better for both parties i think.

I give them an estimate of how many hours will be involved in the agreed work program and then bill for the actual. For example after a "Client Needs Annalysis" meeting, I will have a reasonably well defined set of objectives. At which point I will estimate the hours required to achieve those objectives, say 40 to 60 hours. On completion, I will invoice for time taken which could be 52 hours at my hourly rate.

Alternatively, it may be agreed that a monthly (or bi-monthly) annalysis of visitor and referrer paterns will take place and as a result, tweaking may be needed. This would again be within a window of time that would range from the time it takes for detailed annalysis of their visitor logs using variable focus filters plus up to an agreed number of hours for consequential work. So this could be 8 to 20 hours for example.

I find this gives me a flexible timescale to achieve what is required/agreed and the Client only pays for what is actually done.

When i started freelance copy writing i sent an identical job request to about half a dozen SEO copywriters. The answers that came back weren't that varied and they gave me an excellent indication of where i could sit in the industry, as well as some ideas about my services which i may not have thought of.

I think it is important not to over value yourself when first starting out. You cant start in the SEO industry and slip straight in at the top of the price range. The big money comes when you have established yourself, your reputation and you client base.

Rate your work according to your skills, if you think your skill is worth receiving a bounty of money then do so. you can also inquire to companies that offer SEO services, by then you will know how to rate your customers.

Its right that start business b4 know about prices but i see that if u don't know the prices client understand that u r new in the market and may not have enough knowledge
of job.

I charge about 400$/month or 250$ month for exsisting customers that have other services provided by me. It all depends what results you can acheive, build your pricing around that by finding out who charges for doing what exactly. Remeber no one can ever promise #1 spot in search engines.

banners
Back