The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO for redirect domain

ms4u

affiliate
Hi,

I got a question with regards to SEO on one of my redirect site.

Currently I have one directory with .co.uk extension, and at the same time I have a similar name domain that is .com extension redirected to that .co.uk

Now I want to use the .com domain for an affiliate programme. My question by taken out the redirect of .com domain and use it for other purpose, would that be affecting the SEO of the .co.uk? currently the .co.uk site have a PR2, so I don't really wish to damage it.

All advice are welcome. Thanks :kneeled:

Removing redirect for you .com domain should not affect the .co.uk unless the .com was the only source of the PR2 your .co.uk have.

The .co.uk would lose the benefit of any links pointing to the .com
Secondly, removing a 301 from a domain and then using it in it's own right could cause a bit longer Sand boxing.

I don't think there are any other negative factors.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, all link is only pointed to my .co.uk site so cancel the .com won't really matter at all.

Also, as I cancel my redirect yesterday, I realised that my .com domain were also having a PR2 similar as my .co.uk. Does this PR is temporary or permanent?

As I am going to use my .com for gambling related affiliate site, I am not sure whether is it going to affect a lot or not.

Have a look at backlinks to your .com, do they come from credible sources? That will determine wether you PR2 stays or is lost.

Thanks

Temi,

Have a look at backlinks to your .com, do they come from credible sources? That will determine wether you PR2 stays or is lost.

Hmmm.....I checked all backlink of .com is similar to that .co.uk. I would reckon that PR will lost soon :(

banners
Back