The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO Contest Announcement

B

Bagi Zoltán

As you might be previously informed on the 1th of February the UK Webmaster World Community will launch an international seo contest and the winner will receive $1000 and each 3 runners up will get $100.

What is the targetted keyphrase?
Well, the selected keyphrase will be announced at midnight of 31st of January.

How can I enter?
In order to help us identify you as a participant during the contest you need to do two things:
  • Take the rules seriously
  • Insert this html code into your competitive design page
    <a href="http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/" target="_blank" user="your name">UK webmaster forum seo contest</a>
    We are going to design a result table page for the contest and the value of the user tag will be displayed next to your result so this will identify you during the contest.

Rules
  • Your content entry page or site MUST be in English.
  • You may use a domain, folder, or sub domain as your optimised page with one criterion. The page must be brand new, no backlins no cached version
  • Every optimisation techniques are allowed except cloaking, and hiding text. We will periodically compare the optimised pages with their cached version in order to discover the cloackers, hence we kindly ask you to avoid using any kind of noarchive meta tag
  • No multiple entries are allowed - ONE URL per forum member
  • Participants are allowed to change URL but with the same requirements - at the moment of registration new url can not have any cashed version or incoming links. Old URL will be removed from database and no longer allowed to be used.
How will we determine the winner?
We won't, but the Google.com. On the 1st of April at 1pm (UK time) the result table will be updated last time requesting the google.com/search?q=tagetted-keyphrase string and the 1st result will be the winner of the contest.

Notes:
  • In order to provide the same chance for everybody, the result table will ignore the differnces might be caused by the different geographic locations hence the above specified searching string will be requested every time when the reult page will be updated
  • Prices will be received via PayPal transfer.
Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Can i make a slight adjustment to the code & miss out the target="_blank" attribute or is this a must?

As long as you don't mind sending visitors away from your site I don't see any problems with removing "target"

You need to do much more thank that Bionic Woman, you need to use SEO methods such as link building and other stuff to get to position one for the keyword we will announce on the 31st of January, the contest if for 3 months, if you are number 1 in 3 months, then you are the woman :)

Have a read of the instructions here:
hxxp://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/seo-contest/8182-search-engine-optimization-contest-announcement.html
Thanks

Yes I read that. Sorry, forgive me if I did not understand it quite well and just wanted to make sure of the rules.

You may use a domain, folder, or sub domain as your optimised page with one criterion. The page must be brand new, no backlins no cached version

I just wanted to clarify because...
  • A new page may not necessarily be a new domain. An old domain may have a new page on it.
  • No backlinks and no cached version. But when the contest ends, everyone will have backlinks and everyone will have cached versions appearing on the search engine's cache. Does this mean you will all check the entries of each participant at the start of the contest?
When you mentioned The page must be brand new, then I believe it would be a lot more clear if it mentioned the domain to be brand new.

When you mentioned no cached versions. I believe this is also unclear. Since first thing that comes to my mind is search engine cache. And even after a week a website goes live, it can have search engine cache already.

So right now I am only assuming, old domains are not allowed. And if this is true, I think the rules should have said:

You may use a domain, folder, or sub domain as your optimised page with one criterion. The (page) domain must be brand new, (no backlinks - Everyone will have backlinks when the contest is done.) no cached version found on Archive.org

Omit text in parenthesis.

Benj,

It does not have to be new domain. For example if you have a domain "some_domain.com" you can create new sobdomain something like seo_contest_term.some_domain.com or subfolder like some_domain.com/seo_contest_term and use it in competition. This subdomain or subfolder can not be created before January 31st.
When you create new page Archive.org will not have cached version of it before it's spiders crawl it. When you register the page you will be optimising for the contest we will check for cached version of it on Archive.org - if there is cached version dated prior to January 31st page will not be allowed to participate.

If you prefer to register new domain for the contest - go ahead but make sure not to create any pages on it (even the index one) before contest starts.

I hope this answers your questions.

MI
Back