The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO Competency Levels?

clangallacher

affiliate
SEO Services that advertise, top 10 placements in google for your keyword or keyword phrase.

How can they achieve this bold advertising statement when they can't achieve top 10 status for there own No1 keyword: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

Regards

Clangallacher

SEO Services that advertise, top 10 placements in google for your keyword or keyword phrase.

How can they achieve this bold advertising statement when they can't achieve top 10 status for there own No1 keyword: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

Regards

Clangallacher

Why does the Skoda manufacturers claim to make cars if they can't make a Rolls Royce?

There are cars and cars, keywords and keywords, budgets and budgets...

Hope this helps

Hmmm not sure if this is related, but I have seen beauticians/make up artist that can make girls look hot but the beautician does not look good at all.

I also know people who work in a car wash/auto detailing working on a minimum wage that have dirty cars.

Regards

Clangallacher

Whilst I appreciate what you say, take as tep back and look at WHAT you are saying.

You are saying :~

there are only 10 cSEO Companies in the WORLD worth dealing with :)

Yes I stick by my statement.

One of the Top 10 companies would be guaranteed my custom because of their proven track record at the search engines, I would not feel comfortable passing my money on to someone promising top 10 ranking if they can't achieve it for there own company.

Regards

Clangallacher

It's just my personnel view.

One of the Top 10 companies would be guaranteed my custom because of their proven track record at the search engines,

I completely agree with this too. I mean if they can't rank themselves why should you trust them.

I would always pick from the top ten from one of these terms
SEO
search engine optimization
search engine optimisation

The fact that they beat tens of thousands of competitors for those keywords makes their services very attractive!

I completely agree with this too. I mean if they can't rank themselves why should you trust them.

I would always pick from the top ten from one of these terms
SEO
search engine optimization
search engine optimisation

The fact that they beat tens of thousands of competitors for those keywords makes their services very attractive!

So you would be happy to pay £30,000 a month? the FACT is that a top 10 company probably wouldn't work with YOU! (no offence meant).

I ahve worked with Norwich union on their sites, and they are top ranking for THOUSANDS of huge moeny phrases. But I am not in the top 10! The team we put together to wrk on the site was yself, Kim Kraus (who owns cre8asite) karen Thakston, and Jill Whalen of highrankings. At the time though our higrankings site WAS top 10 for search engine optimisation, but that had nothing to do with the selection process.

Guys, if you are making your decision based on the ability of a company to get their OWN site ranking, you are doing it all wrong. Let me try to explain. I used to rank top 10 for search engine optimisation, search engine marketing etc. I spent ALL DAY fielding phone calls and emails to tell people I simply could not take on any new clients. So I de-optimised my site. I then decided I would rank for some lesser phrase like seo company etc just as a show and tell.

ALL good SEO's are too busy to take on new clients, so what is the point in them spending the time and money needed to rank for a phrease that COSTS them money?

Ask to see their CLIENTS rankings, because MANY companies spend all their time working on their OWN rankings so they can show clients how good they are and charge HUGE fees.

I just checked and I have just slipped off page one for 'internet marketing consultant' now do I spend time promoting myself so I can say 'sorry i am not taking on any new clients',, or do I promote client sites;)

OWG is right; we can't all employ the top 10 in the world... even if we could afford it, they'd never be able to handle all the work ;)

I agree. As an seo consultant (self employed) I couldn't take on the amount of work that a huge company of maybe 80+ staff could deal with that rank No's 1 - 10 for keywords such as search engine optimisation. I have my own place in the market and my clients websites rank very well, and they didn't spent the money that the "Big Guys" charge.

So you would be happy to pay £30,000 a month? the FACT is that a top 10 company probably wouldn't work with YOU! (no offence meant).

I ahve worked with Norwich union on their sites, and they are top ranking for THOUSANDS of huge moeny phrases. But I am not in the top 10! The team we put together to wrk on the site was yself, Kim Kraus (who owns cre8asite) karen Thakston, and Jill Whalen of highrankings. At the time though our higrankings site WAS top 10 for search engine optimisation, but that had nothing to do with the selection process.

Guys, if you are making your decision based on the ability of a company to get their OWN site ranking, you are doing it all wrong. Let me try to explain. I used to rank top 10 for search engine optimisation, search engine marketing etc. I spent ALL DAY fielding phone calls and emails to tell people I simply could not take on any new clients. So I de-optimised my site. I then decided I would rank for some lesser phrase like seo company etc just as a show and tell.

ALL good SEO's are too busy to take on new clients, so what is the point in them spending the time and money needed to rank for a phrease that COSTS them money?

Ask to see their CLIENTS rankings, because MANY companies spend all their time working on their OWN rankings so they can show clients how good they are and charge HUGE fees.

I just checked and I have just slipped off page one for 'internet marketing consultant' now do I spend time promoting myself so I can say 'sorry i am not taking on any new clients',, or do I promote client sites;)

Good post - I can't believe it is £30000 in the UK! The top Aussie guys charge between 600-8000 AUD max!

I apologise I didn't quantify my reasoning better - I meant that if you had all the resources available and had a big budget website then a top ten site for one of the major keywords would be the way you would go.

I personally wouldn't use a top ten site because my websites are crappy, but if I had all the resources available then one of the top ten would be where I would be looking.

I have no doubt others can do the job very well, but if you have £30000 a month to spend on SEO then you would always choose from those who rank highly themselves. Isn't the old saying - More money than sense!

MI
Back