The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

"SEO Black Eye"

arora

affiliate
Guys,

On my travels thru the www - I came across an excellent post about "seo black eye".

The methods listed to get the competitors site down in the SERp's and penalized by google are the same one's that you would use to optimize your site BUT with a twist!

So to give a site a "SEO black eye" you have to indulge in the following activities:-

1. Buy thousands of links from bad neighborhood sites from a dodgy site/s in a remote corner and point them to your competitors site

2. use 301/302 re-direct hi-jacking

3. hundred's of links from the same IP address

4. Duplicate content:

4a) from scraping the competitors entire site and creating your own from it

4b) from stealing your
competitors articles and submitting them to article submission services

I am posting it here for you all to see and be aware of this menace!

Please remember "with knowledge comes responsibility" - hopefully none of you will ever do this to your competitor as the same thing can be done to your site - once detected! :nono:

It might be old news for some of you here, but thought i will post it here nonetheless.

The whole forum post can be read here.

Goodness me, i was either living under a rock or not thinking out of the box.
:search:

Abhishek Arora

Exactly why I don't let anyone know my money making sites for the reasons mentioned above.

Sad but true things like that happen when you get a jealous competitor. I had the experience first hand.

KP

Exactly why I don't let anyone know my money making sites for the reasons mentioned above.

Sad but true things like that happen when you get a jealous competitor. I had the experience first hand.

KP

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AGREE ;)

But he missed out a good few things that can be done to harm a site. Bloody Lightweights :D

But that will not hurt it with regard SEo long term. it might cause a blip if you can time your DDOS with the spiders, plus a DDOS attack is illegal sabotage. the other stuff is almost impossible to prove. ;)

Not a chance :) . I am a white hat, i learn and practice black and grey hat for fun on my own test sites. As Sun tzu said " to defeat your enemy you must first be your enemy" :D

As Sun tzu said " to defeat your enemy you must first be your enemy" :D

Yes and he also said
"The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities...It is best to win without fighting. "

Acknowlidging that it is possible and does happen, is completely different to "Tutoring" the mischievous and unscrupulous.

As an SEO, I have known for some years now that there is a way to sabotage a competing site and have had it confirmed by a Google executive. As a result of some probing questions from me, his exact words that I remember to this day were:
"There is almost nothing a competitor can do to adversely affect the performance of a site in Google search results"
Now note the calculated use of the word almost.

Thanks for the info. I guess to ensure Google doesn't miss it the perpetrator fills out a Google Spam report on the site. I have heard that a report can trigger a manual review.

Yes, a Spam Report can trigger a manual review, but I believe they have a more targetted spider to filter out the reported sites before expensive manual reviews are carried out. There is also good reason to believe that a manual review can be triggered by routine spider visits if some parrameters/boundaries are crossed.

Yes, a Spam Report can trigger a manual review, but I believe they have a more targetted spider to filter out the reported sites before expensive manual reviews are carried out. There is also good reason to believe that a manual review can be triggered by routine spider visits if some parrameters/boundaries are crossed.
Makes sense. Are you saying that manual reports may be ignored if a site scores well on filter algos. Maybe they would ignore some types but others (like selling blog posts) may still need manual reviews.

most of googles stuff is done algorithmically. they have always preferred to fight from a distanmce rather than hand to hand. My guess is that they have a little algo that checks the reported sites for tell tale signs of wrong doing ie. blocks of text all linking out to various site. Small text in the footer with out bound links on. Someone on this forum posted the other day that it is ridiculous my posting this, when some of my own sites do this very thing, and that i should practice what I preach! before someone smart arse does that again, I will answer the question before it is asked. I DO run things like this across test sites, I do a LOT of SEO testing, as do most decent SEO's. I have various test sites that I use that, if banned, would mean I learn from it.

Smea when you made your post I thought the same that we are more or less in agreement on this. This is difference between learning froma forum what must be done to rank, and understanding what to do. I am good at what I do because of future proofing sites by understanding what technologies are up and coming, and what the search engines are likely to be doing next.

Yes OWG, second Geussing the next weapon that the SEs are going to use in their fight against Spam is one of the most vital bits of SEO that New SEOs don't seem to consider. To this end, I alocate some time once a month to search the US Patents Office. If Google for instance intends to trial a new feature in it's Algo, it will usually Patent the concept if it is "New and Novel". If I see something that points to a new slant on an Algo within the Patents Office, I incorporate something into a page or 2 then watch it for months and months.

PS:
These Patents are frequently not registered in the Search Engines name (because of people like me) they are often registered in the name of a Senior Exec So you need to keep up to date with the Top Level of company structure.

MI
Back