The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO and Wordpress question

Adammo

affiliate
Hi all,

Not much of a surprise that I have another SEO question regarding my Wordpress based site.

I created a Post about a week ago named "Team Canada Hats". I knew that the post site (sitename/team-canada-hats) would not be indexed right away, but after about a week I noticed my main site was being picked up using the search term as it read the post from the main page containing all of my other posts.

Yesterday I made 2 new posts: Team Canada Hockey Apparel, and Team Canada Jackets, and noticed my site was read today by Google. I also added my Team Canada Hats page to Digg.

Anyways I just tried search for Team Canada Hats, and noticed that my Digg site is displayed, but my site is no longer displayed (used to displayed 1st on Page 2).

Is this because:
a - I added it to Digg?
b - It is no longer the most recent post on my site
c - a little bit of both
d - neither

Any help is greatly appreciated! Just trying to learn for future experiences :).

Thanks!

Well I didn't get a reply the first time, but I figured i'd give an update of what i'm experiencing and hope that someone has some ideas.

My post "Team Canada Hats" is indexed, but is not very high in google. However, my Team Canada Apparel page (when searching for Team Canada Hats) is displayed on Page 1. Originally, the Team Canada Apparel post had a link to one hat and had some text "...available including hats, t-shirts". I have since modified the page to include more hats.

Obviosuly this isn't much of an issue as I am still getting visitors, but it would be nice to know why my post specific to Team Canada Hats is not picked up, but Team Canada Apparel is.

Hope that makes sense, thanks!

I don't know for sure Adam, but I would think it is just the random nature of Google. I have some pages that get picked up and rank high and others that take months to get picked up. My SERP changes regularly too.

I don't think it has anything to do with digg at all. How are your sales going?

MI
Back