The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Sensitive Keywords/Text

wsd

affiliate
I maybe being over sensitive but thought it best to check ...

I'm in the process of doing a site for a part-time photographer all about Wedding Photography.

He also wants me to mention that he has other parts of his portfolio, one of which is Glamour Photography and wants me to display some examples.

I've managed to persuade him that showing topless images on a Wedding Photography site is probably not a great idea commercially but it has got me wondering if using the phrase "Glamour Photography" in several pages in his site will adversely affect a google search?

I also presume I'm correct in assuming that even displaying a non-sexual "topless" image would exclude that page from Google's safesearch?

Where are the lines drawn?

I doubt anyone has ever tested the theory. I think the only way you are going to find out for sure is to try it and see. That's the way with a lot of optimisation. You read on these forums the usual myths but very few people actually take the time to experiment and find out for themselves.

Hi,

Keyword density has little effect on search engine rankings. Adding that keyword "Glamour Photography" to the page will not have a negative affect.

What would have an effect:

Lets say you had a services page, your only service was "Wedding Photography" which was linked to your "Wedding Photography" service page. For the purpose of this example lets say this was the only link on that page.

Now, you come along and add another service called "Glamour Photography" and link that anchor text to your "Glamour Photography" web page. Now, you are sharing 50% of the link value of your services page with this new service.

Now that Google officially announced the end of Pagerank sculpting there would be no way to avoid the 50% downgrade of adding that second link.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

banners
Back