I don't have a blog for selling products. But I saw few and based on
what I have seen on their blog they put different categories for their
product., like for example accessories they will put sub categories for
each product like earrings,necklace and etc.. the same to clothes
for men and women.

Then they will post a new topic for their latest product including
the price. Hope my vision answer your question well.:yes::D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most people use blogs more as a form of marketing rather than to actually sell the product. Use a separate shopping cart system for your actual online shop, then use the blog to write about stuff that's relevant to your products. For example say you sell hamster cages; write entries on your blog about how to care for your hamster, the different types of hamster, what to do if your hamster gets sick etc (Ie things that people who have hamsters are going to be searching for). Your blog is a tool for getting into search results - once people click through to you to read your interesting article, then they may buy your product. Blogging about your product directly probably isn't very interesting to many people. Nobody wants to read an article about hamster cages.

Hi,

Wordpress has a great plugin called "WP e-Commerce shopping cart" that works great for bloggers who want to sell products from their blog.

Jeff

:harts: yup..blogs are used to market different types of products...they just simply add links on specific keywords for you to see and theyre hoping you would click and go to their website...LOL...you could also add your products images on your blogs so that it would be attractive and catchy...:botles:

I saw that selling products on a blog is a trend now and becoming more popular. There are also blog catalog that promote numerous type of products. The sellers even give discount of some of their merchandise which would surely attract buyers to buy from them. Maybe some of us thought that blog is only relevant as a form of marketing, but there are sellers out there that directly promote and sell products. I have look at a few blogs where some of the items there was sold out. It is successful for some of them.

For people who use their blog to sell products, how exactly do you make it work? Do you have entries about each product discussing them, or do you blog about the general purpose/area of interest related to what you're selling, and then link to a "store" section on a different page or site? I've heard of it being done but never seen it, and it definitely interests me...can anyone point me to an existing blog that does this maybe so I could see?

I think it depends on what and how you want to sell.

For example: If you're using wordpress as your blogging platform you could turn it into an ecommerce site, or review/comparison site using plugins.

Alternatively you could sell products as an affiliate, post reviews or guides on your blog and recommend products within those reviews and guides using your affiliate links.

You could also sell products via text and banner ads on your blog relating to your content.

-

:phone:Really its depend on what product and how you want to sell.
Blog is popular way for reaching the information to all over the world.In that you include the product feature and description ,giving the link to that product also add an image of product.
This is the best way for advertising.gl

Hi,

Wordpress has a great plugin called "WP e-Commerce shopping cart" that works great for bloggers who want to sell products from their blog.

Jeff
Hi, I used this plugin. It has worked ok, but it has a few bugs. It's really just a alternative to a real ecommerce soulution. If you want to sell more products and your store will be more popular you should use a standalone solution.

banners
Back